Andy how to get black cameras

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had ask him about getting black cameras, his response was

I booked the orders, and then can be ready at March, black color is not dahua standard color, special booking cost more time.

Anyone understand or went through the process to get black ?

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had ask him about getting black cameras, his response was

I booked the orders, and then can be ready at March, black color is not dahua standard color, special booking cost more time.

Anyone understand or went through the process to get black ?
He placed an order of the black cameras from Dahua. The earliest he will receive them is March. The typical cameras come in white so it takes longer to get the black color as it is a special order.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So he just places an order for black in the ones he wants in Black I don't have to pay him up front so he can order them for me

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Never bought a black camera from Andy so I would definitely confirm with him. I would guess that you don’t have to pay up front but I would also guess that the black cameras go fast once he receives them.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's why I asked on here. I've asked him twice in two different emails if I need to pay him up front can't seem to get an answer

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chinese (New Year?) or some holiday over there shuts down everything (or at least factories) for about a month. I’m pretty sure it’s either happening now or soon so he may be getting a nice sun tan on the beach... I’m actually very curious what everyone does for a month over there!

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He told me he will be out of the office Jan 27- Feb 10 for CNY

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Which model are you wanting in black?
Not sure yet, I have 3 different models coming for testing around entry doors. The ones at these doors will be on brick and don't want to hang a white camera there. Honestly I would rather have all black and would rather not paint a new camera.

He told me he will be out of the office Jan 27- Feb 10 for CNY

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wow, they take CNY seriously :)

Thanks

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure yet, I have 3 different models coming for testing around entry doors. The ones at these doors will be on brick and don't want to hang a white camera there. Honestly I would rather have all black and would rather not paint a new camera.

Wow, they take CNY seriously :)

Thanks
Nothing wrong with painting a new cam
Just take care to not making the same mistakes like me, painting while temperatures are low and mounted too early.
But like this you could fit the color you need. We have all outside stuff in RAL 7016, so the cams fit well with the same color
IMG_6646.jpg

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Crazykiller,

I am into my yard and landscaping. I have learned over the years, once you paint something you have to repaint about ever other year or so to keep it looking good.

Reaction score
I got a 5231 in black from Andy because he was out of white and the colour didn't matter in my application. In that case there was no need to pay in advance.

The PFA130-E mount only came in white so I spray painted mine black and it turned out great. I didn't even bother cleaning it first, though I did make sure to tape off the gaskets.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Crazykiller,

I am into my yard and landscaping. I have learned over the years, once you paint something you have to repaint about ever other year or so to keep it looking good.
For now I have painted two cams with matt spray paint and both look like the first day after one year in semi covered outdoor places.
I’m with you with wooden things to paint in the yard, but I think this is another thing. And of course the paint itself matters. I’ve got a good one for my carport which should last for 8-12 years. Actually it’s two years without any visible issues.
The spray paint is also for usage in the automotive sector and should be durable enough.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For now I have painted two cams with matt spray paint and both look like the first day after one year in semi covered outdoor places.
I’m with you with wooden things to paint in the yard, but I think this is another thing. And of course the paint itself matters. I’ve got a good one for my carport which should last for 8-12 years. Actually it’s two years without any visible issues.
The spray paint is also for usage in the automotive sector and should be durable enough.
Thanks for the input, I have metal and wood stuff that I maintain outside and am very familiar with painting both. The older I get though I try to make things outside as low maintenance as possible. I know it can be done just choose to avoid if I can. I know I will have to paint some conduit, junction boxes and mount already.

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why don't you just paint the camera? I painted 1/3 of my cameras with regular drywall paint. Two coats. Yes, it's a bit rough looking but from a distance, they look great. Held up well.

Plus, the paint is very, very easy to strip off.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Why don't you just paint the camera? I painted 1/3 of my cameras with regular drywall paint. Two coats. Yes, it's a bit rough looking but from a distance, they look great. Held up well.

Plus, the paint is very, very easy to strip off.
I am very picky and the paint would have to look factory good or it would drive me crazy, especially being at my front door right in someone's face.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I have metal and wood stuff that I maintain outside and am very familiar with painting both. The older I get though I try to make things outside as low maintenance as possible. I know it can be done just choose to avoid if I can. I know I will have to paint some conduit, junction boxes and mount already.
You are right, if it’s close to the face it should look good.
This model is a bit more difficult to paint, the ZE model is easier to paint. I think for the first one it went well and fits to the bricks.
IMG_6598.jpg

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks good CK, the cameras at the doors will either be like that or mini wedge domes.
What mount is on that one?