Andy, I have request for the Dahua engineers, if it is possible to do

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Today, I had to do a bunch of firmware upgrades and only one or two cameras have their model number listed in the System/Info page.
It would be possible to ask them, to list the camera's model number in that page? "Device Type: xxxxxxxxx"
After a quite a while, I forget the camera's model number and it is a pain to search for it in my Email, or Ali purchase history.
I would appreciate it a lot, if this could be done.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I guess that is one way to do it.
But I don't understand, why some cameras have posted the model number and others don't have it.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
But I don't understand, why some cameras have posted the model number and others don't have it.
Wonder if it has anything to do with OEM resellers using their own model numbers instead of Dahua's model numbers?

funkybunch

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you mean under Information > Version ? i have an OEM dahua, and a Loryta from Andy, they both have the model number listed, mine says this: Device TypeIPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The proper Dahua cameras, as well as every camera of repute I've ever dealt with, list their model number somewhere in their web interface. It is simply poor workmanship by the coders responsible if you encounter a camera that does not.