Annke 151CP PTZ Camera Cannot Connect to BI or Web Page on Camera?

rlong69

n3wb
Reaction score
I have used BI for and Annke cameras for a few years now without issue. This is my first PTZ camera. I am starting to think the camera does NOT support RTSP. I cannot connect to the camera with anything except the Annke Sight app on my phone.

The camera does not show up on the SADP tool either. This leads me to believe it is not HikVision. If so, what is it? It shows up as a 5523-3W-Q on the Annke Sight App. No luck searching this number.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that the right model number or do you have a link that has more info on this cam? Google, Amazon, etc. reveals zip, nada....

If it's a "smart home" type cam that wants you to scan a QR code, it likely has no webGUI nor available RTSP.

rlong69

n3wb
Reaction score
I am pretty sure there is no web gui and no rstp. It does have a 2d data matrix bar code. 151CP or WPT500 appear to be the model name. I think it's a misapplication.

rlong69

n3wb
Reaction score
This is on me, I was in a hurry when I ordered these the other day and was careless. I did not realize how niche a Wireless camera with ONVIF/RTSP was.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like some cameras are being returned..

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have used BI for and Annke cameras for a few years now without issue. This is my first PTZ camera. I am starting to think the camera does NOT support RTSP. I cannot connect to the camera with anything except the Annke Sight app on my phone.

The camera does not show up on the SADP tool either. This leads me to believe it is not HikVision. If so, what is it? It shows up as a 5523-3W-Q on the Annke Sight App. No luck searching this number.
I would take a look here: Annke Community
But it does appear those cams are "cloud dependent" so you are most likely out of luck.
You get what you pay for.

rlong69

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had good luck with all the Annke rebranded Hikvision cameras I have used. Somewhere around 40 of them total without issues. I was not aware that some of Annke's stuff was NOT Hikvision. soooooo, here I am. Any suggestions on wireless cameras ONVIF/RTSP? I have a couple of spots that wireless is my only option. I prefer wired POE as a general rule.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Problems with that WZ500....

EDIT 4/3 0716 CT: And even MORE problems:

Last edited:

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A webUI pops up for those cameras via their IP address and admin/admin login. I had limited access using SADP as well, but very limited.

They appear to 'officially' require registration via the Annke Smart app before ONVIF and RTSP authorization is established for access by Blue Iris ( and presumably any other third party VMS). ANNKE Smart - Apps on Google Play

My guess is that step essentially creates the phantom "ONVIF USER" auth layer used by Dahua, HIK and others that would usually exist in the firmware itself..., for whatever reason, who knows.

The app has horrible reviews but serves the initial purpose and provides a couple of handy features until getting a useful configuration and PTZ functions set up 'off premise' with help from the webUI -- which can be easier said than done by most accounts.

The two threads above pretty much cover everything that can go sideways with these things. The cameras themselves work quite well -- when they work quite well, especially at the price point..., so long as you're industrious enough to not require any support from Annke whatsoever and can plow through the issues on your own.

For under a hundred bucks they're a good value for the adventurous. Mine was just recently given to me which is even better.

Now if I can only figure out why it shuts down Blue Iris when I reboot it...,

So I may as well ask..., how would that technically occur anyway? Almost has to be some oddball PTZ setting/command/request/whatever that can be accouted for at either the camera or Blue Iris end. And this is happening via the camera webUI being accessed from yet another computer.

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
.... it does appear those cams are "cloud dependent" so you are most likely out of luck.
More or less, but not entirely. The 'ONVIF USER' (or something similar) definitely seems to be a thing with these. But when the cam is actively registered it actually works well. Unfortunately, removing it from the account basically does a factory reset while it's at it and puts it back to square one. Cool, huh? Fortunately it's in DHCP mode by default and pops right up on the network again for another stab at it.

Interesting that the Annke Smart app is actually Tuya Smart..., just worse. LOL The Tuya Smart Home ecosystem does offer a web based device management platform that may provide a more stable and useful interface for these cameras. But unless the firmware is upgraded (or hacked) to allow the required authorization for ONVIF features, the cloud dependency remains for that piece and they're pretty useless otherwise.

The two threads referenced earler have made progress getting PTZ stuff working with curl, but what a pain in the ass.

Bottom line is be prepared to return it if it isn't somehow plugged into the Annke/Hik universe.