Annke doorbell capability?

GuyE777

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi friends.

I’m new but I’ve done about 8 NVR installs now, mostly Dahua kit.

I get a few calls to help people with existing camera setups (mainly cheap stand alone IP cams off eBay!).

I went to help a lovely couple today who had an ‘expert’ drop an Annke 8-port system in for them with four cams. All works ok, I just needed To hook it up to their Internet so they could remote connect.

But a major requirement they had was to be able to know and see when someone was at the front door. They were thinking the doorbell camera solution, which this hasn’t got.

I can set a strict motion alarm I think - haven’t fully check out the Annke mobile app yet but presume it is similar to DMSS for Dahua? But this might work.

Otherwise my question is can I add an onvif compliant doorbell camera (like Dahua VTM50B1 or something) to a vacant port, and will that be able to be configured as an alarm to make DMSS trigger? I note the Annke unit doesn’t have any external alarm ports - in or out.

Appreciate any guidance or other suggestions so I can help these people achieve their original goal.

Thanks
Guy
Mansfield, Victoria, Australia

Last edited: