Annke I61DR Hikvision clone working with BI

Bazzzerh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought one of these cameras, I have managed to upgrade the firmware to the latest on the Hikvision portal thanks to reading all your inputs in the forum...
It works great with BI and I have it by the front door, using the pir to call a hello voice message on its speaker.
What I would like to do instead is use the pir to triger the infrared light, which I was going to replace it with a ultra bright led, thus it would give me full colour when activated.... any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you replace the IR with a visible light LED which is to be illuminated when triggered, how does the camera see at night BEFORE it's triggered?

Bazzzerh

n3wb
Reaction score
If you replace the IR with a visible light LED which is to be illuminated when triggered, how does the camera see at night BEFORE it's triggered?
I forgot to say that there are outside lights dusk to dawn and the camera does work with the ir switched off, but if an intruder gets within the pir's range then I would have a very good clear colour image for the police to act on, as if it is in b/w then it is much less useful...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I forgot to say that there are outside lights dusk to dawn and the camera does work with the ir switched off, but if an intruder gets within the pir's range then I would have a very good clear colour image for the police to act on, as if it is in b/w then it is much less useful...
I thought that was the case.....just be aware that the visible light coming on at night may temporarily overpower (white bloom) the image until the cam can dial down the amount of light entering its sensor, rendering the initial second or more of the capture useless.