Annke NVR UTP maximum length

MD355

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi !!

I have an installation of ANNKE POE 5MP Surveillance Camera Set NVR H.265+ Video Surveillance with 16 Cameras.

The model of the NVR is Annke N46PCK and the Camera model is Annke CCTV IP Camera C500 Dome.

My question is how many meters of UTP cable does the camera work ?
Is there a way to extend the length of the UTP cable ?

-I connected 10 cameras and everything works fine, even after using female-female UTP adapters to extend the length of the UTP cables using the provided cables.

-However on the last 2 cameras I used 3 or 4 of the provided UTP cables with female-female UTP adapters, so maybe the power cannot get to the camera

-My guess is a) either use a one-piece UTP cat 6 cable or b) use external power supply 12v to provide power or c) use a PoE injector in the middle of the length of the UTP distance (please provide with suitable PoE injector to buy)

Thanks !!

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If they were provided cables and you’re sure they’re good, I’d troubleshoot elsewhere.

MD355

n3wb
Reaction score
The issue is that the cables are 20m , and I used female-female UTP adapters to connect 2 or 3 cables.
It worked fine.
But when I tried to connect 4 cables the camera does not work...
So my question is what should I do amount the following options a) forget about the connecting the 20m cables with adapters and simply install one-piece 70 meters UTP, b) use an external 12v power supply for the camera (for some reason the cameras have 12v power connector) , c) find a PoE 12v power injector and install it in the middle of the 70 meters d) something else...

Thanks !!

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Signal loss from each coupler. Every connection is a point of resistance, and possible failure.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Weird; I don’t even see that post above^^
It's part of the OP's post #3. :cool:
UTP or CAT cable furnished in kits are oftentimes CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum) and if they are, they are not recommended to be used, especially with POE.

If they are CCA or are too short, I'd replace EACH of them with the proper length of CAT-5e or 6 solid copper (not CCA) with a jacket rated for the use case, no couplers in place.

For the record, the standard number quoted and generally observed as the maximum distance for Ethernet is 100m/328 feet.

MD355

n3wb
Reaction score
I am installing one piece UTP cat 6 cable for those two cameras that are 70-80 meters long... I will let you know about the results...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score