Annke VC800 often freezing and artifacting

v0lcano.

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for help as my recently installed Annke VC800 cameras (I91BN) often display artifacts and freezes while live viewing. These flaws are also displayed in the recordings. Both cameras have the exact same problem.
Examples attached.

The SD cards are fast write/read ones. They were formatted a few times.

Motion detection + human is enabled.

They are POE cameras and wired to a POE HUB which is wired to the modem.

Firmware was updated to the latest one as advised by tech support.

I am running in:
Codec: H265+
Res: 3840*2160
Bitrate type: Variable
Quality : Medium
FPS: 12,5
Max Bitrate : 6144
Max average bitrate : 3072

I tried to get help from tech support via a Ticket request but I've got asked my login & password from tech support. First time in my entire life a tech support asks me for my personal information. I do not feel confortable at all about this. That is why I'm trying to reach for help here.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off any smart codecs and setting encode mode to H.264?
Also, change bit rate type to CBR, bit rate to 4096, FPS to 15, frame interval to 15.

If better, great...if not, then lower resolution and see if it improves.

If better, great...if not, then disable Motion detection + human and see if it improves.

v0lcano.

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies for the response delay.

I could make some tests and got rid of the artifacts by disabling video encryption on the SD cards.

Regarding the frame skipping / freezes it got solved by lowering the resolution but I don't like it because the field of view is too narrow now.

How come the cameras only work on a lowered resolution ? Is it advertised as 4k cams.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Apologies for the response delay.

I could make some tests and got rid of the artifacts by disabling video encryption on the SD cards.

Regarding the frame skipping / freezes it got solved by lowering the resolution but I don't like it because the field of view is too narrow now.

How come the cameras only work on a lowered resolution ? Is it advertised as 4k cams.
Assuming you made the bit rate and bit rate type changes as I suggested in post #2:
  • How is your network speed?
  • Is the cam plugged into your router?
  • It's not on wireless, is it?

v0lcano.

n3wb
Reaction score
I couldn't switch to H264 because this option is not available anymore. I only have H265 and H265+. So I switched back to H265 as suggested. Weird thing is that I'm pretty sure that I had the possibility to use H264 when I first got the cameras but I think some firmware udpate made the H264 option disappear...

My Internet is 200 Mbps download/ 10 Mbps upload. Everything is wired with cat 5e cables at least.

The cameras are plugged into a POE switch (TP-Link) which is itself plugged into the router.

It is not wireless.

Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So are you live viewing on a PC that goes thru the router or is the computer connected to the same switch as the camera?

Or another test - remove the router from the process (turn it off) and do you still see the camera? If not then the video is going thru the router and that can be problematic. Unlike streaming video, these cameras do not buffer and some wifi routers have a difficult time keeping up with the 24/7 constant never take a breath streaming demands of cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.
That's where I was headed regarding router and network speed but instead went to the funeral of another friend.
Folks my age (and he too was a Vietnam vet) are dropping like flies. :confused:

FWIW, your Internet up/down speed has no bearing on the issue your'e having, it's a local network (LAN) bandwidth & speed issue more than likely. :cool:

v0lcano.

n3wb
Reaction score
So are you live viewing on a PC that goes thru the router or is the computer connected to the same switch as the camera?

Or another test - remove the router from the process (turn it off) and do you still see the camera? If not then the video is going thru the router and that can be problematic. Unlike streaming video, these cameras do not buffer and some wifi routers have a difficult time keeping up with the 24/7 constant never take a breath streaming demands of cameras.
I'm mostly live viewing and checking recordings through the app which connects to internet. But I also check recordings via the app but while lan connected as well sometimes.
Frame skipping are visible with both methods on recordings. How LAN bandwidth could affect recordings on the SD card installed on the camera itself ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you downloaded a video clip from the SD card to the local computer and play that way? Is there still the issue? If not, that tells you that your wifi router cannot handle the constant video stream from the camera, thru the router, into your computer.

Again, these cameras do not buffer like streaming services, so any hiccup and you see this.

v0lcano.

n3wb
Reaction score
Just tried this and indeed the results are interesting.

When frame skipping occurs, it is during one sequence.

I downloaded one sequence when frame skipping occured through the app and what is interesting is that the problematic sequences are split in two different files. The frame skipping that can be seen in the app corresponds exactly where the first file ends. Weird why it would split one whole sequence in two different files ?

Last edited:

v0lcano.

n3wb
Reaction score
Any clue how to solve this ?

I have made additionnal tests to check my LAN bandwith and everything seems fine, 940mbps + on all devices and cables.

For information, I've thought about the SD cards in the cameras but they are Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB with pretty decent write/read speeds...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like the camera can't write it all to one file and needs to split it over two files.