Another "Clip" oddity

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had another "clip" oddity today...
I was reviewing clips this evening to see if any triggered the camera while I was away from the house for a couple of hours.

Before I left, at 3:04pm BI was triggered by a camera event (car driving down the road, this is correct).

Looking at the clips there were no clips created from the time I left until I got back, even though it should have been triggered when I walked out the door and drove around the driveway past the camera.

When I looked at the list of clips I had the 1 from 3:04pm and then one from 5:02pm (when I returned) that was approximately 56 minutes in length.

That did not make sense.

When I opened the clip from 3:04, according to the overlay time on the clip, the clip started at 3:04 and ran until 3:04, then jumped to 3:41 and ran until I had exited the driveway and gone down the road.

I did not see anything triggering the camera between 3:05 and 3:41.

As far as I know, I did not make any changes to BI or the camera in the last day, and it was working correctly before this clip and has worked correctly after this clip.

Any ideas what might have caused this?

Thanks,

Eric

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you looking at the alerts clips (the lightning bolt) or the full BVR clip? 56 minutes sounds to me like you accidentally have it showing the all clips and not alerts.

1674527333933.png

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks! That was it, don't know how this happened since I didn't even know it was there. What is a "BVR" clip?

Thanks,

Eric

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BVR is the actual video file - camera.bvr file as an example. The triggers are just pointers to the timeline on the BVR file.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks.

There is so much to figure out just to get started... cameras, camera settings, BI settings, BI UI, etc.

Frustration -> Dang, I got it -> Nope not right -> start over at Frustration. But it is a fun mess to be in.