Another courier package toss...

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
My new sunglasses showed up to replace the last set that arrived broken. I wonder why that keeps happening - this set was fine fortunately.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Testing requirements from the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA)

The test drop height varies with the weight of the packaged-product. Find the weight of the packaged-product in the following chart to determine a drop height or an equivalent impact velocity to be used for a substituted drop:
Packaged-Product WeightDrop HeightImpact Velocity
Equal to or greater thanBut Less thanFree FallIncline or Horizontal
lbkglbkgIn.mmft/sm/s
The test method requires the packaged-product to be dropped in several different package orientations.
A drop test must be performed in all required orientations where dropping the packaged-product is practical.
If dropping in a required orientation is not practical an equivalent incline or horizontal test can be substituted for that orientation.
When using impact velocity, if any test in a Test Sequence is below the required minimum level, that sequence event must be repeated until the test impact velocity meets the minimum.
source: http://pe.usps.com/text/pub2/pub2aa.html

Anything under 21lbs has to survive a drop of nearly 3ft, with an impact of over 10mph.. that lil toss didnt look like it came close to exceeding that.

If this damaged your glasses, it was not the delivery company's fault.. it was the vendor for inadequate packaging.

I'd suggest you put a parcel box on your patio with a little bit of padding inside, this will keep most packages from being visible from the street and give them something soft to land inside of... ive got a sensor inside mine so when they dont ring the door bell I am aware of a delivery.