Another Dahua Camera to Lorex NVR Question

Taymar16

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased an IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E to add to my currently installed and functional Lorex cameras. All are connected to my Lorex 6108 NVR via an external switch. When I connected the Z12 to the switch, I went through the process of adding the camera. When added, it gave me the red status light. So I gave it a while and it never connected. I tried to go into the camera’s setting with the default IP address. I answered the first couple of questions and the got to the log in screen. This is where I hit another road block. None of the passwords would work(admin, pass, adminip, etc…) I reached out to Andy and told me to use the config tool. I was able to find the camera, change the camera’s password, initialize, change the IP address to an unused but similar to my other cameras and able to view the Z12 within the config tool. Assuming everything was good at this point, I went back to the NVR to add the camera again. I see the new IP address but still get the same red status. I went in to change the port to the same ports the other cameras(37777 to 35000). Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Taymar16

n3wb
Reaction score
I purchased an IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E to add to my currently installed and functional Lorex cameras. All are connected to my Lorex 6108 NVR via an external switch. When I connected the Z12 to the switch, I went through the process of adding the camera. When added, it gave me the red status light. So I gave it a while and it never connected. I tried to go into the camera’s setting with the default IP address. I answered the first couple of questions and the got to the log in screen. This is where I hit another road block. None of the passwords would work(admin, pass, adminip, etc…) I reached out to Andy and told me to use the config tool. I was able to find the camera, change the camera’s password, initialize, change the IP address to an unused but similar to my other cameras and able to view the Z12 within the config tool. Assuming everything was good at this point, I went back to the NVR to add the camera again. I see the new IP address but still get the same red status. I went in to change the port to the same ports the other cameras(37777 to 35000). Still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Finally got it to work so false alarm.

garycrist

Known around here
Reaction score
Post your results for future users please. Was it port 80 too?

Taymar16

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m in the process of moving the camera to its final location now that the testing is complete. Below seems like the process to go through which worked for my application.
  • (wiring simulation) simulate final wired connection to establish communication between camera(5141-Z12E)and NVR(Lorex 6108). In my case I am using an external switch that is located on in my attic. At this point I connected the camera to the switch via a Cat6 patch cable.
  • (Establish Communication) Once the camera is wired, I downloaded the configtool(Thanks to Andy!). Here is the link he provided Config. At this point, There we’re a few questions to answer and a chance to change the password to the camera. Once this was complete i moved on to the main screen. From here I went into the configuration tab on the left and did a search. I found the IP address for the new camera which was 192.168.1.108. After going through the configuration steps I then went into the modify IP tab on the left. Again I did a search and looked for the IP address mention above. As a note, it is good to have a list of all of your IP address at this point because you will need to rename the camera’s ip to something that is not currently in use. I copied my current cameras address, sub mask and gateway locations. I renamed the new camera’s ip to the next incremental up. At this point I was able to view the image in the preview screen. With this complete, I went into the NVR and did a search for the new camera. When it popped up, I added it to my other cameras. At this point is when I had some trouble because I was getting a red status light. With my Lorex cameras, the status would turn green after a few seconds. So after some headaches, I clicked the edit option for the camera. A screen came up with IP address, port(37777, other cameras were 3500 but left this section alone) and password field. I noticed that the password did not have the same amount of characters as my new password so I entered my new password and hit OK. At this point, the status turned green and the image was viewable from the NVR and on my phone.
  • Errors from my side. I tried to go into the camera , using its IP address. It asked for a password which nothing worked and never could get pass this point. Others may be able make it work but I was not lucky. I think this got me sidetracked and caused me to get click happy and start down the wrong path of changing computer IP address and making software changes, etc…

The process above is somewhat abbreviated on what worked for me. Hopefully this will help others with similar setups. I don’t have screenshots of the process yet because I was in survival mode :)