Another Email issue, not gmail

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I just got a new NVR from LTS (LTN8716-P16) and can't get the email to work. I had a similar hik NVR and using the same settings, can't get it to work. Does anyone have any idea where I am messing this up? Also, under authenticaion, I tried it with the @optonline.net and without. Screenshot_20161007-135901.pngCapture.JPG

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried with port 587?
I tried port 587 and 465 with and without SSL. Confirmed the username and password worked on the actual mail server. I just have no idea

Should I set up port forwarding with those ports? I dont think it should matter since the other ports are already forwarded.

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No, don't forward ports, check if your firewall or router isn't blocking these ports, use telnet for that.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ill give that a try when I get home. Still, it should be good since the email notification was working just prior (30 mins) to changing to the new NVR.

ramleaf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, then it's a firmware issue. I had a a similar problem getting my Hikvision NVR to work with my own email server, but I've upgraded the firmware and now it's working with port 587, also gmail works fine.
I don't know about LTS, check if they have a newer firmware, read the changelog first to see if there is some changes to the email function.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also tried, on another users request, changing the "mail.optimum.net" to its IP address of 167.206.5.250 but nothing. It got me thinking, are there any other network settings that could potentially affect sending an email? HTTPS? Subnet Mask? DNS is currently 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively. Also, my HTTP port was changed from 80 to 1010 because of my ISP. Sorry if these are fairly newb questions but I'm running out of ideas/solutions here

Last edited by a moderator:

YLisiy

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same LTS NVR running the latest firmware.... tried everything drew91101 tried with no success. Cant get this thing to send emails. Receive "Test Failure" Message.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the same LTS NVR running the latest firmware.... tried everything drew91101 tried with no success. Cant get this thing to send emails. Receive "Test Failure" Message.
Same here. I even tried sending the emails direct from the camera with no luck. Tried multiple email providers on multiple ports. I was between a network or firmware issue but it seems to be firmware.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

YLisiy

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed this firmware is for the 16 channel which I also have. LTS already ran the firmware on my system...I just haven't configured or verified yet...

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
YLisiy, who did you talk to at LTS? I just got an email back from @milkisbad who said, "at the moment for the LTN8716-P16 there’s no firmware yet for it." and to keep an eye on the NVR4 firmware.

YLisiy

n3wb
Reaction score
I physically went to LTS New Jersey and sat down with Nathan Cao... (I purchase a lot of product from LTS as I am an installer). When I came home last night, I realized that the new firmware did clear some settings on my dvr and force me to enter a strong password.... all that aside, dvr is still working and emails are sending. Feel free to call them and verify.... they will be posting the new firmware fairy shortly to my knowledge...

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I finally updated the firmware and still can't get email notifications to work. YLisiy, have you had any luck?

YLisiy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, so I did get it to work using Gmail. Setting are attached. The bad news is that after performing the firmware update, I can no longer hit any of the cameras from the management page.

Attachments

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so I did get it to work using Gmail. Setting are attached. The bad news is that after performing the firmware update, I can no longer hit any of the cameras from the management page.
I had the same problem. Under networking>advanced>other, enable virtual host. I'm gonna check out those settings too.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great. I finally got my email working as well! Thanks for the help Ylisiy