another illegal dumper bites the dust

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We watched this guy dump a bunch of cardboard boxes behind one of customer's shopping plazas this weekend. We were able to capture his tag on one of the HikVision 1.3MP PTZs that we have on the building. We ran his tag Monday morning and let him know that if he didn't want to pick his trash up, we would let the sheriff's office know about it. He was compliant and returned to get his boxes.

Last edited:

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
There is some money in cardboard. I bet someone would be glad to have those cardboard boxes.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
bababuoy,
The video starts at the 0:52 mark. At least for me. So I initially missed the dumping footage.
Fastb

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It just means the YT url includes a start time:

https:// youtu.be /pF8vkLr59_k?t=52 <---- The video itself is complete, but it just starts at 52 seconds - you have to scrub it to the beginning to see it, or remove the t=52 from the URL.

When copying a YT URL, the option exists for "copy video URL" or "copy video URL at current time". I'm guessing you accidentally picked the latter.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
We watched this guy dump a bunch of cardboard boxes behind one of customer's shopping plazas this weekend. We were able to capture his tag on one of the HikVision 1.3MP PTZs that we have on the building. We ran his tag Monday morning and let him know that if he didn't want to pick his trash up, we would let the sheriff's office know about it. He was compliant and returned to get his boxes.

I bet he never dreamed he would be back...hahaha... he just most likely moved along to his second favorite dumping spot..

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We ran his tag Monday morning and let him know that if he didn't want to pick his trash up, we would let the sheriff's office know about it. He was compliant and returned to get his boxes.
It never ceases to amaze me how loose this sort of data is in the USA.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me how loose this sort of data is in the USA.
Is there a way to do this without involving the police? My guess is that he didn't just Google the guys plate.....giving the nature of the business I'm guessing he has options open to him not available to all the rest of us with LPR on our mailboxes.

Just a guess.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is there a way to do this without involving the police? My guess is that he didn't just Google the guys plate.....giving the nature of the business I'm guessing he has options open to him not available to all the rest of us with LPR on our mailboxes.

Just a guess.
I'm in Australia, and private companies need court orders to access this stuff. They need to be commencing a civil proceeding of some kind to do it. That's why I'm amazed because locally, only law enforcement has direct access to registered owner details and can "run the plate" like the OP did.

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now I'm really curious as to how they did it.

Here, it's my understanding that driving is a "privilege" given to us by the state, and basically anything short of unwarranted searches goes. Which includes a cop sitting behind you at a red light running your plate to check for outstanding arrest warrants, ownership of car, ect.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
We subscribe to a database similar to Lexis Nexus. In order to have access to this info, our company had to go through an audit and sign stuff that puts any liabilities on us. License plate info is public information, you just have to have a reason to have access to it, such as: to use in an investigation.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
It just means the YT url includes a start time:

https:// youtu.be /pF8vkLr59_k?t=52 <---- The video itself is complete, but it just starts at 52 seconds - you have to scrub it to the beginning to see it, or remove the t=52 from the URL.

When copying a YT URL, the option exists for "copy video URL" or "copy video URL at current time". I'm guessing you accidentally picked the latter.
Thanks for the tip. It should start at 0:00 now

mr_guns

n3wb
Reaction score
I hate lazy people that only think about themselves. He's probably done the same with larger stuff in the past. Let someone else worry about it mentality.

Thanks for sharing I loved seeing him be humbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hamsoplo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would like to see what the sheriff would do. I'm guessing he'll just move on to some other property to dump it.

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I hate lazy people that only think about themselves. He's probably done the same with larger stuff in the past. Let someone else worry about it mentality.

Thanks for sharing I loved seeing him be humbled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Let's use their correct moniker. Arseholes, or, as he appears to be a septic tank, assholes. Humbled is nice. What would be even cooler is a "storage fee" of some description. Say $1000 per day or so for looking after his stuff. If the only consequence of getting caught is having to pick up his rubbish, he probably won't think twice before doing it again.

SP2150

n3wb
Reaction score
The title should be "another illegal dumper gets a call to tell him to dump his stuff somewhere else". I understand that's a little long though.

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Obligatory "I can't stand people who do this" but also wondering why he didn't just take 30 seconds to break those boxes down instead of having to use multiple straps?