Another New Guy

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
New guy here.
Just call me Artie.
Been wanting a camera system for a while...trying to learn as much as this old brain can soak up.
Lots of good info here.
I've zeroed in a a couple of cameras I would like to purchase and I would like to buy them direct from overseas but I find that part quite daunting.
One camera is the Dahau SD49225T HN.
I'm dumbfounded buy how many sellers there are on AliExpress and all the photos and descriptions are the same so I'm hoping some one here can recommend an honest and reputable dealer.
Thanks in advance.
Artie

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
+1 for sure on Andy. I am one of many satisfied customers he has on the forum.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
So, I'm all in on this camera; SD49225T-HN, (and if this is the wrong place for this question please advise me) but I have a few questions. In every picture of it I've seen there is no 'mount' and there are bear wires hanging out of the cable end. What's up with that?
Also, what would be a good pairing to a router (thinking of a Pepwave Surf SOHO MK3) and /or a DVR. Thanks.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got a Macbook Pro and a HP Pavillion, I put the software dvd into either one and they both just spit it out. I'm assuming I need to plug in the camera also or what?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
So the computers refuse to read the dvd? There are probably links on the forum where you can download the software. Are you planning on using the Dahua software as your nvr/recording software?

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
So the computers refuse to read the dvd? There are probably links on the forum where you can download the software. Are you planning on using the Dahua software as your nvr/recording software?
At this point, I have no idea.
I thought I was a reasonably intelligent and 'with it' guy but the more I research and read the dumber I become.
At this point I wish I had bought a Sam' Club system.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a stack of little CDs that came with the cameras but have never used them. Everything is done through the camera's web interface. Have you connected the camera to your network and reached it via browser? I believe Dahua's default IP address is 192.168.1.108. If your network is not 192.168.1.x or if there's already a device with that address on your LAN, you'll need to take other steps to connect. Then login and change the address to whatever fits your network. Always use static IP addresses for your cameras.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
At this point I just want to know who is in my driveway.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a stack of little CDs that came with the cameras but have never used them. Everything is done through the camera's web interface. Have you connected the camera to your network and reached it via browser? I believe Dahua's default IP address is 192.168.1.108. If your network is not 192.168.1.x or if there's already a device with that address on your LAN, you'll need to take other steps to connect. Then login and change the address to whatever fits your network. Always use static IP addresses for your cameras.
No, I have not. I am swimming in information that I don't understand.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
Let me just say that the more I read and research, the less I understand. I have pages of notes and pages of Anagrams trying to figure out what is what. I know I have a very unique situation but I'm hopeful that someone can help me out.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Let me just say that the more I read and research, the less I understand. I have pages of notes and pages of Anagrams trying to figure out what is what. I know I have a very unique situation but I'm hopeful that someone can help me out.
There's nothing unique about connecting an IP cam to a network. If you don't understand IP networking, then you might want to call in someone to help you at least get it connected to your LAN.

Artie812

n3wb
Reaction score
I have not connected the camera to anything. I am trying to figure out what to do next. This all started out so straight forward and quickly became overwhelming.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
As a first step you need to plug the camera into your router with an ethernet cable if you have a router and a pre-made or store bought short ethernet cable.