Another "That camera is following me" clip

oknoob

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks,i may go with a ptz this year and a new nvr,i had 2 5442 that can work as spotters. You think 8' would be ok for the ptz.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PTZs are one exception where you can mount them higher. Since objects are farther out, it kinda "flattens" the angle so to speak so that you can get a straight on shot of someone 150 feet away with a camera mounted 20 feet high. Now the exception is as they get closer to the PTZ, then you start to get more of the top of their head, but that is where the fixed cams come into play.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have done this with my Hikvision cams. I have one fixed cam on my screened in back porch, looking the whole length of the porch (75') and out the screen door at the end. I have "line crossing" events setup on it, so it can see anyone coming out our backdoor or anyone entering the screen door at the end of the porch. It triggers a PTZ camera I have in the carport, normally to look at the carport and down the farm lane, to spin around and look at the screen door from the outside. When that triggers, it triggers a PTZ speed dome on the other end of the front of the house to spin around and cover the front yard and drive.

Each camera has several arming areas programmed into them so no matter what position they got triggered to, they keep monitoring for motion and monitoring their own set of line crossing tools. It took me a few tries to get it. I finally had to map out what arming area was covered and how many trip wires I had for each arming area and on what cam in a Excel spread sheet. That helped keep track of it while I was programming them.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
I feel your pain. Once you go to multiple zones and presets with multiple spotters, things can get weird fast! It takes some noodling to figure out all the scenarios..
Yes, it does. Then, you have all of the gains to adjust, sensitivities andother functions. I thought I had all of mine setup and working very well in the daytime. When night time came, it was a whole other game. Moths fly by, bats, owls and such. Then, the IR is so powerful on the Speed dome, the PTZ in the carport would see it's beam move when the speed dome was going back to home, which sent a trigger and sent the speed dome back to it's secondary triggered zone. It's a fine line of dancing, adjusting, looping, tweaking, holding your breath, cussing at it and then finally scraping the whole pattern and starting all over again before you finally find the sweet spot where everyone plays nice with each other.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I got to fiddle fuckin around, and creaTED CAMERA groups, and then fiddle fucked around with all the buttons and bells inside the BI and the Camera's preset GUi.
When I manually trigger, cam 11 or cam 13, ...cam 9 ( the PTZ will go to the call) but now that i'm home, and looking at email alrts. the motherfucker just stays were it is after wards.
Someday I'm going to smash that camera with an American made hammer.

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@
Yes and 2 presets.
This was actually a complicated setup and many bourbons were consumed over months to get it working right.
Notice when they first stopped it decided to go back to its preset as it didnt sense any more movement (Something that is quite aggravating, there should be a dwell time setting) Once back at preset it picked up movement again and tracked again.
That first video is actually preset 2 not its "home". Its home preset is zoomed further up the street. Another fixed 5442 watches the actual turn around, and acts as a spotter for the PTZ in case something slips by its initial tracking at preset #1
Do you use Idle Motion or Time Task to return PTZ camera to its home preset?

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, now I'm jealous, and imagining that I could spend entirely too much money and time setting up a similar setup. I'm impressed with how well this works, and fearful of how much time I'd have to spend getting something similar to work well!

Bravo, anyhow! :)

Scale

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You need to use time task to get it to return to its “home” preset position after being called away by a spotter cam to a different preset.
What AutoHome value do you use?
What will happen in the next case?

For instance the TimeTask AutoHome value is 120 seconds and the Autotracking time is 180 seconds.
IVS triggers autotracking.
What will happen after 120 seconds?

Will TimeTask cancel Autotracking or it will wait for 180 seconds before Autotracking finishes ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If I recall the Time Task will take priority.

I have my time task set 1second longer than tracking time

That’s with using spotter cams to call the ptz away. With only 1 (home) preset, If it loses track it will return to its home preset anyway.

Nunofya

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
But you can do this with Blue Iris as well!

I have several spotter cams doing this exact thing, and get instances where the person stops from the original spotter cam and the PTZ goes back to the preset, and then another spotter picks them back up and swings the PTZ to another preset.
How do you get the ptz to move to a certain preset, 2 for example? I cloned a spotter cam with B>C zone to try and trigger my ptz1 that doesn't have auto tracking. I need it to move to preset2 from its home, preset1. It's on a schedule so it will move back to home. I cloned it to give it ability to go from 1to 2 when it gets triggered through its own zones.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How do you get the ptz to move to a certain preset, 2 for example? I cloned a spotter cam with B>C zone to try and trigger my ptz1 that doesn't have auto tracking. I need it to move to preset2 from its home, preset1. It's on a schedule so it will move back to home. I cloned it to give it ability to go from 1to 2 when it gets triggered through its own zones.
See this thread I made.