Another Thread about Email Problems!

GMD99

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I apologize up front if this issue has been resolved... but I cannot find a solution that gets my email notifications working!

I I have a DS-7632N-E2/8p NVR (FW v.3.0.8, build 140825) and 4 cameras running at my cottage

- 2 x DS-2CD2032-I (FW - v.5.2.5)
- 1 x DS-2CD2132F-IS (FW - v.5.30)
- 1 x DS-2CD2432F-IW (FW - v.5.3.3)

The email notifications were working very well for quite some time, using line crossing alarms. However, like many others, the emails stopped working due to changes by Gmail.

I have been reading, for numerous hours, many of the postings on this issue. I have tried many of the proposed solutions but nothing has worked so far!

I read that, with Gmail, changing the smtp port to 587 was the answer., or to change smtp.gmail.com to 74.125.193.108 .. but it didn't work.

I ran the telnet command telnet smtp.gmail.com 587 with the following response (which apparently means that I can reach their server!)

Trying 74.125.193.108...Connected to gmail-smtp-msa.l.google.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 smtp.gmail.com ESMTP l38sm18600iod.35 - gsmtp

I tried to use a Yahoo email account and that failed too. I read that a GMX email account, which doesn't use SSL worked well... again no success!

In the past, I had no email notifications set up on the actual cameras. The email notifications always came from the NVR. So I went into the config of the cameras and tried to test email sent directly from the cameras. This also failed. When the emails were working properly, my Default Gateway, setup on the cameras, was that of my router 10.0.2.1. So I tried changing that to 192.168.254.1. Once again the result was failure.

As an aside, I know that the alarm setup is working because I am recording, on the NVR, the events triggered by the line crossing.

Has anyone actually been successful in getting the email notifications working, without a firmware upgrade?