Antivirus software delays IP-CAM logins

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. I'm getting a bit tired of having to wait several seconds (around 5) each time I wish to log-in to my cameras to make adjustments. I am using the NVR's Dahua web log-in page, (which has no delays) to access each cameras internal settings interface. But when the camera's username/password log-in page pops up, the cursor freezes and I am obliged to sit twiddling my fingers for around 5 seconds until the cursor becomes active again and allows me to enter my log-in details. I have discovered this is down to my Kaspersky Anti-virus software for Windows 10 PC, as the problem doesn't arise when I temporarily turn the anti-virus off.

I know 5 seconds isn't a massive amount of time to wait, but sometimes I have to make quite a few changes to the camera's settings before getting things right, and would rather not expose my PC to internet with AV turned off. I am simply not knowledgeable enough on how to set up the antivirus rules for this scenario, so would be very grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction please?

Nigel

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'd try Kaspersky Support and perform a search with "exclude URL" and see if that sheds some light on it.
Perhaps a similar search with "exclude IP address" will help you as well.

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'd try Kaspersky Support and perform a search with "exclude URL" and see if that sheds some light on it.
Perhaps a similar search with "exclude IP address" will help you as well.
Thanks for chipping in, Tony. I've done as you suggest, and located some instructions on how to add a URL to the 'Configure trusted URLs' list. However, that doesn't seem to have done anything to improve matters. I've a hunch that is has something to do with the plug-in Internet Explorer installs the first time you try to access the cameras web interface, but I don't know how to identify that software by name to add it to the Kaspersky 'Exclude trusted applications' list.

Nigel

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Usually the Active-X Plug-in can be seen in the list of Windows programs at "Control Panel" => "Programs and Features", such as 'webplugin.exe' or the like, may even show the manufacturer.

RafflesNH

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Usually the Active-X Plug-in can be seen in the list of Windows programs at "Control Panel" => "Programs and Features", such as 'webplugin.exe' or the like, may even show the manufacturer.
Nothing like that in Control Panel, Tony, but looking in Internet Explorer/Internet Options/Manage Add-ons, I found an add-on called WebActiveX.exe located in C:\Program Files (x86)\webrec\Torch\4.1.511.0 and published by Zhejiang Dahua Technology CO.,LTD. I eventually found it lurking in Kaspersky's 'Trusted Applications' list, and after giving the app all the permissions available (i.e. Rights/Network Rules/Exclusions etc) I'm still having the same issue. So I guess I'll just have to put up with this anomaly then. But many thanks again for taking an interest.
Nigel