Any cameras that are black or can be painted black

Reaction score
I understand that the white colour is unobtrusive for most installations and reflects heat.

However I am looking for camera's that can be mounted on the (south facing and west facing) walls of a black Essex barn. Its listed so all fixtures have to be in keeping, ie matt or silk black.

Small as possible bullet cameras would seem best suited given the location.

Back side of the house (north facing and east facing) might well be eaves mounted so domes possible - but still black.

I'm assuming PoE.

Cheers and thanks for any advice in advance.

Eric

Reaction score
All cameras can be painted, just make sure you prep (clean surface) up little bit and use some quality paint or you'll be coming out to repaint it after a while.
Typically this is what most installers do since most of the top manufacturers like hikvision, dahua, uniview, axis and more don't really make housings in black.

If you do find a manufacturer with a housing in black, it's usually a grey and usually you are sacrificing on image quality/features.
Usually those china manufacturers will have limited browser compatibility and you won't get future updates.
If you paint it.. you usually void the warranty.
I'd recommend an all white camera because the housings with black parts already may not match up as well when painted.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same problem. All the cameras are bright white and stick out like a sore thumb. We painted two of our cameras matte black so they blend in with the environment better:

Ianc2

Banned
Reaction score
With a bit of creativity and careful placement , the eaves mounted cameras will need very little painting ...

although i I bought color matched paint , I'm not sure I'm going to bother with these 2 as you can only see white when you're right under the cameras , and nobody other than the gardeners ( mo & blow ) has any business being in that area anyway !!