Any Dahua cameras that allow me to "talk through" BI to people

hevnsnt

n3wb
Reaction score
As the title explains, I am looking for a camera that will allow me to talk through Blue Iris to people on the camera. This is the one feature that I miss from Arlo. Can anyone point me either to a camera with these capabilities or an easy way to solve this with existing deployment?

I have DAHUA 2.7mm ~12mm motorized lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball Network Camera (IPC-HDW5231R-Z) deployed currently.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have one of those turrets too... not sure you can hook up speakers or an amp to it for 'talk to' capability. I do have a z5 bullet that has audio in and out; I believe I could connect that to an amp for talking, but I haven't tested it yet.

What I want to get going is talk through by BI server sound card. I haven't figured it out... just get clicky static over top of my voice. Even if I did get that sorted, I have a feeling it wouldn't be impressive due to latency. What I've read is that the best 'talk to' solutions involve voip (ie a service with monthly payments)... those can make it sound 'like you are home'.