Any general thoughts on Hikvision PCI-D15F2S

RGL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking at getting this camera for mounting on a shed. Camera will be mounted flat against the side if I do it. I believe that it will limit the range of motion more that way, but I should still have the range I would need for this one camera. Cat6 cable, less than 140' total cable. Just wondered if anyone had any general thoughts or experience with this camera. Purchasing more for daytime, but it does have IR too. Anyway just looking for general feedback or someone who has any experience with one. Thanks.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am looking at getting this camera for mounting on a shed. Camera will be mounted flat against the side if I do it. I believe that it will limit the range of motion more that way, but I should still have the range I would need for this one camera. Cat6 cable, less than 140' total cable. Just wondered if anyone had any general thoughts or experience with this camera. Purchasing more for daytime, but it does have IR too. Anyway just looking for general feedback or someone who has any experience with one. Thanks.
Using Domes outdoors, can have all sorts of negative issue's from reflections on the dome.
A Turret style is a much better choice.
The sensor in the that cam is not on a good sensor size, so it will not do well at night.
SebastianTombs Cam Tips