Any good recommendations for mobile app?

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision cams, using an NVR for storage. Mobile on phone, currently using IP Cam Viewer as it the fastest on live view, but have Hikconnect as well for the PTZ control and notifications. Problem is, all apps seem to be one or the other, and none have all functions. I was using EZVIZ and loved it, had notifications, quick playback on a bar you could move, PTZ control, etc. But it seems last update or so, they pushed off the non-EZVIZ users, and I tried to register under a different account, etc and the app seems to know Im already registered (hikconnect) so its been a no go. I will always keep IP Cam Viewer as its the fastest Ive ever seen on a live view, but not the clearest and choppy a bit. Anybody have recommendations, as these generic apps seem like they have minimal features, my requirements are good live view, PTZ control, push notifications, and quick playback somehow as sometimes the notifications are about 5 sec delay to me, and at that time, the intrusion has passed so I would like to quickly scan back a few seconds rather than go open playback and and find it.

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
EZVIZ and Hik-connect share the P2P network, so all devices connect to the same P2P network, but you can only add them to one of them.

So if you want to use EZVIZ app instead of Hik-connect app, you can just remove the devices from your Hik-connect account, and add them to a EZVIZ account. If you want to register an account with the same username/email it will tell you it is already in use, but you can have two accounts with different usernames/emails.

Users were shared until not so long ago (you could use the same account to login on Hik-connect and EZVIZ), but that is not the case any more.