Any info about Front panel for common NVR/DVR?

Salcamo

n3wb
Reaction score
I've purchased number of NVR and DVR boards of Ali/eBay/Amazon. All of them have very similar (or the same?) 10-pin interface that marked as "front panel".

Searching for front panel board mysteriously being completely fruitless:
  • I can't find any available for sale.
  • I've asked sellers of NVR/DVR boards for matching front panel. Nobody has any or even any info.
  • Googling only finds listings of above sellers with pin-outs. No hint on actual operation.

With pin-out available, usually appeared as matrix of 2X x 3Y or x4 col x 1 row, I've tried to use buttons attached accordingly but device does not react on any clicks. All 5 lines looks high on the scope, no scanning pulses noted or even dissimilar levels.

Does anybody has any usable info to obtain or to build front panel controls for these common DVRs and NVRs?

1702705375100.png
1702705417040.png

Salcamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe here
Thank you for the pointer!
It certainly looks like the one. One issue for me: I've tried key matrix already, just the way shown on that schematic you are referrning to, and got no response from my board. I guess there is a chance that it is not enabled in firmware?

I got x3 different boards, I've tried only one. I will try other two and will report.

Cheers!

Bingo600

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe you'd need something like 4k7 pullup or down on either row or col lines.
Have you tried to measure if any of row or col are already pulled up in the MCU (prob 3v3) or down (gnd) ?

Salcamo

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe you'd need something like 4k7 pullup or down on either row or col lines.
Have you tried to measure if any of row or col are already pulled up in the MCU (prob 3v3) or down (gnd) ?
Finally got some time to try different NVR board, specifically: AliExpress item 3256803837210328. That one has front panel pinout posted by seller.
It is JST MX type connector, smaller/different than other boards.
Better luck with this one, I got basic control going, only 4 buttons/commands, but it does not match exactly to what is expected.
My map:
col1-row1- forward (enter or plus or advance)
col1-row2-back (exit/retract)
col2-row1-out
col2-row2 -in

col1 and 2 are inputs.
row 1 and 2 are outputs.
COL3 is output (unlike col 1 and 2).
Any manipulation with col3 did not produce any additional commands/reaction, connecting to col1 and 2 just duplicates some other commands.

I've tried resistive lattice up to 10K - nothing extra. Looks like only hard connection being read.

Only 4 buttons make very cumbersome and confusing control. Though it does allow to select multi-view mode and channel collection and even to dive into menus.

My other board is Amazon item B08J2SP252. Board received looks different than on the listing, it is as skinny as one above, but p# is as listed and it is HiSilicon based. That one
I cannot get any front panel control going. Pin-out supposedly is the same, but larger connector.

Looks like there is a lot of unification and standardization going on with Chinese CCTV. Even pin-outs mostly the same. Why they can't have the same, or at least compatible front panel interface!