Any limits on the autocheck.com api?

wrybread

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I learned about the autocheck.com api from another thread:

It's been really accurate (and fast!) for every vehicle I've looked up.

I can't find much info about it on their website. Does anyone know if there are any limits to the number of lookups we can perform?

Are other people using it?

Last edited:

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not finding much about using that API. I wish it had color, but the rest of it is nice.

wpiman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I can't find much info about it on their website. Does anyone know if there are any limits to the number of lookups we can perform?

Interesting-- I am looking at using the open ALPR on GITHUB that has not been maintained-- this might be a good double check to see if the plate is valid...

nucklesgr

n3wb
Reaction score

That is impressive and something I can use. I wonder if there is a limit to how many if using a program to collect the information?

Gymratz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is impressive and something I can use. I wonder if there is a limit to how many if using a program to collect the information?
If there is a limit, it's quite high. I'm running a backlog of 10k distinct plates through it right now. Hit nearly 2k and it's still going at a few per second.

tech101

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Also I had similar load probably around 20-30k plates.. So far so good :) Thanks to Gymratz with new viewer/downloader :) All tagged.. now :)

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
First I’ve heard of this service. I don’t see an API key in your example so I imagine it’s free to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Currently - hopefully it stays that way!
I run the open source version of OpenALPR and my vision would be for each new plate capture to query this service and add the make/model/etc to my database. If it already has the data there is no need to query the service again.

Gymratz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run the open source version of OpenALPR and my vision would be for each new plate capture to query this service and add the make/model/etc to my database. If it already has the data there is no need to query the service again.

That is exactly what the updated version if my app does. Well, slight tweak on the timing - but same effect. Just released it this weekend.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk