Any luck with 4mp at night with IR?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Turn your contrast up to 65 to 80 to see how that works. Sharpness is probably too high, can't remember what I've got mine at but too high will bring in noise. Try 50 and see what that does.

What have you got gain set to? Hopefully 100.

Personally would increase bitrate to 6144. (Ideally set it higher and then lower it until you are happy).

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
@Del Boy I changed bit rate to 6144 and I could swear the day time picture looks better. I also saw where you had mentioned that bit rate doesn't affect cpu much and I find that to be true, not much change there, just more on the network usage and memory too I imagine. I'll play with the contrast and sharpness after dark. @Fruit how did you rotate your turret? Mine is mounted under an eave. Did you mount it on a vertical surface or can the actual camera be rotated in the mount?

Last edited by a moderator:

HotRodDiesels

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Del Boy I changed bit rate to 6144 and I could swear the day time picture looks better. I also saw where you had mentioned that bit rate doesn't affect cpu much and I find that to be true, not much change there, just more on the network usage and memory too I imagine. I'll play with the contrast and sharpness after dark. @Fruit how did you rotate your turret? Mine is mounted under an eave. Did you mount it on a vertical surface or can the actual camera be rotated in the mount?
Rotate the camera in the mount.
And then invert the image in the software I assume.
I may try this myself to get my ir away from my building. The only problem I can see is the sensor will be pointing up, not sure if this is an issue or not. Worth a shot ;)

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can unscrew the trim ring on the turret with EX IR (i think that's what you said you have?) then there's a screw that holds the eyeball tight. loosen that screw and the eyeball can rotate in 360 degrees.

trim ring is weird ...you have to GENTLY unscrew it and not try to force it off.

Yes i mounted it on a vertical wall looking at my back door.