Any NVR Recommendations?

Reaction score
I'm helping a friend with his setup. He currently has a bunch (14 currently hooked up) of Axis PoE cams, which are decent enough, but his NVR (rebranded Hikvision) is garbage (doesn't update well, viewing app rarely works, constantly needs to be rebooted, etc.). He's not a very tech savvy guy, so I want to keep it as simple as possible, to prevent constant calls to me to fix stuff. I believe all his current cams are Onvif, so I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable and easy to use NVR/App. I thought about just starting over with something like an Armcrest or Lorex system, but his current Axis cams aren't bad. Can anyone recommend and NVR/App that might work well? I am willing to replace the whole system if that might be an easier route. At this point I prefer easy and reliable over cost.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on above.

Axis cams are generally the higher end quality and unless extremely old would outperform the other systems you are looking at.

Even though they are ONVIF, you will find that it isn't a standard "standard", and each manufacturer has nuances and differences with ONVIF that could be problematic. Best to match brands.

Reaction score
Ok, I need to update the original thread. The current system is all Alibi ( I was looking at Axis cams when I wrote it). The nvr is Alibi as well, but is actually made by Hikvision. But again, it's a trash NVR. Is Alibi suppose to be any good?