Any one using DS-2CD2032F-IW wireless?

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just wondering how reliable it is using wifi?

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using one at my parents. The router is about 20ft diagonally and I notice dinner time hours, the feed drops or hangs here and there. On sub-stream it's okay Im guessing the neighbors are back from work and streaming on wifi using the air space and sub-stream uses less bandwidth.

Defender666

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Wifi signal is not very good on these cameras. I tested a few. Only use if you are really close to the router. If camera outside the house it may already fail to send stable stream.

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I use several of these. They are all working fine for me over 150' from the nearest AP. I use my microwave with no issues. I believe that problems may occur if you live in a highly populated area where others are using many wifi devices. I set static IP addresses and have zero issues with connectivity or drop-outs.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use several of these. They are all working fine for me over 150' from the nearest AP. I use my microwave with no issues. I believe that problems may occur if you live in a highly populated area where others are using many wifi devices. I set static IP addresses and have zero issues with connectivity or drop-outs.
That may work i don't have any house close by! i can buy one camera at this time so, i am torn between testing out a wireless one or try the new DS-2CD2042WD-I,

I want to use a 12mm mount high on barn to look over my field its about 350 long ,the end of field is to far away for the 4mm .

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I haven't tried the DS-2042WD-I yet. I see it has smart features and WDR. My last 4MP camera purchased was a DS-2CD3T45-I8. My smart WDR cameras are mostly DS-2CD4232FWD-IZH. I'll try find time to post some still images after the holiday from the DS-CD2032F-IW and a couple other 12mm lens cameras to compare the field of view width and night sensitivity. I have fields that are 1000-2000 feet and will put out some targets to test. I do know that at night, perpendicular car headlights will trigger alerts from Blue Iris over a mile away from the 2032.

born2ride

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'll try find time to post some still images after the holiday from the DS-CD2032F-IW and a couple other 12mm lens cameras to compare the field of view width and night sensitivity. I have fields that are 1000-2000 feet and will put out some targets to test. I do know that at night, perpendicular car headlights will trigger alerts from Blue Iris over a mile away from the 2032.
That would be great to see the pictures of the 12mm.. maybe a night shot also with the target?

ThePeacockRanch

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A few day pictures before sunset. The points of reference are: the far left corner of this field to the fence line far right of the truck is 560 feet. The end of the field is 1600 feet from the cameras. The cams are mounted 8 feet above ground.

Attachments