Any POE Cameras for Blue iris with an internal POE connection?

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good Day All,
Are there any good cameras for blue iris that hook up the way Unifi G4 cameras do internally? I've mainly only used Dahua/Hik cams for Blue iris. Love the cameras, but I need some low profile cameras running through brick, so don't want to have ugly boxes that the cameras are mounted to. Picture attached of the handy Unifi hookup method I'm trying to find in a Blue Iris camera... Thanks
1666007679310.png

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They're quite expensive and I was thinking you have to hook them up to the unifi dvr since they're proprietary, and then use rtsp or something to make them work with blue iris? I'm used to the dahua/hik price range that are plug and play with blue iris lol unless I read that info wrong on the G4's
Thanks

Lucas Tam

n3wb
Reaction score
What about a low profile camera - i.e. DS-2CD2543G0-I-W-S? Even with a junction box, it's still pretty small?

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I actually have one of those in an office. The domes have always given me too many reflection issues or the picture seems clearer in a bullet or turret.. I'm thinking I'm just going to offer this client Andy's 5442's or 2431's with a junction box and see if they think that will suffice. This camera plug style seems brilliant though so it's a bummer other's don't make a model this way....

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Is it just me but I can’t see how the cam mounting jn the pic is any more compact.

Granted if you use the standard waterproof Dahua mounting box with something like a 5442 then the box is larger in diameter so would be nice if they did a box the same diameter but in terms of depth from the wall it would I think be the same?

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's a fairly nice public location so I'm going to be taking slack if it looks to dorky :) but it's just really hard to beat the performance/cost of a 5442. Was always thinking a non-corded model would be sweet and of course when I came across one it's proprietary and $$. Just checking in with you all's brains before I settled back in to the 5442's or 2431's. Seems like I always just end up coming back to dahua turrets.
Thanks

Reaction score
The pigtail is long enough to just shove it into the hole in the brick. Use the appropriate water connector with dielectric grease, tape it up, and shove it into the hole. Put some silicone caulk or some such in the hole to make it even more watertight.

Jaceon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The difference is drilling a 1/4 inch hole compared to a 3/4" hole through a 12" brick wall.. big building.. I talked with them tonight though and we're going to just use 5442's and boxes if needed.. thought about trying to wrap the cord up in the empty spaces of the camera base as well. We'll figure something out. Thanks for the thoughts!

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
It looks to me like a proprietory connector so I'm guessing it's probably patented and thus unique to Ubiquiti.

I also agree with IamATeaLeaf, it doesn't look anymor compact. Maybe less in diameter, but no less stand off.