Any solution yet for multiple cams on one NAS?

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
1st Hik records smoothly to Lenovo ix2 NAS via NFS. With 2nd cam, I then format a separate folder on the ix2. After a successful initialization, NAS quickly reverts back to "uninitialized", presumably because the first camera is hogging all the memory? I don't know much about partitioning hard drives and could use some help, thanks!

tonydi

n3wb
Reaction score
What you describe sounds exactly like the problem many have with NAS setups on these cameras. It's not the number of cameras it's a bug in the way the camera initializes the NAS drive. But I'm confused because it should have happened with your first camera as well.

Search for "nas patch" and you'll see some threads devoted to patching the davinci file to fix the problem.

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
Tonydi, maybe you're thinking of NAS devices which don't support NFS sharing. My iomega ix2 NAS has been 100% reliable with my 1st Hik cam for over 2 months now.

tonydi

n3wb
Reaction score
No, I'm talking about Hikvision cams like the 2032 that can't initialize the drive on a NAS with NFS or SMB/CIFS. Which model cam is working and what's the firmware version? Is it the same as the other camera?

soundkite

n3wb
Reaction score
My Iomega ix2 NFS is connected to my Hikvision 20x PTX 1080p model K20IA, sent to me from China, Firmware V5.0.2 build 140121, Encoding version V4.0 build 131217.

tonydi

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that model at all so I have no idea if the problems we see with the 2032 and other similar Hik cameras affect that one or not. The symptoms are sure identical but even if the issue is the same with that camera you'd need someone to give you the string to search for and what to replace it with.

Oh, and the other camera has the identical firmware version? What happens if you disconnect the first camera, does the second one then initialize the NAS drive properly and record?