Any way to Add USB Ethernet NIC to Dahua NVR??

Lama

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,.. I've DHI-NVR5416-16P-4KS2 with V4.001.00000006.1 (2021-05-10) Firmware

Is there any way to add Second USB Ethernet NIC to this system? I tried USB 3.0 ethernet (RTL8156), but didn't recognize :(

In other words, are there any compatible modern USB Ethernet or modern USB WiFi sticks (WiFi-5 or WiFi-6?) for this NVR?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,.. I've DHI-NVR5416-16P-4KS2 with V4.001.00000006.1 (2021-05-10) Firmware

Is there any way to add Second USB Ethernet NIC to this system? I tried USB 3.0 ethernet (RTL8156), but didn't recognize :(

In other words, are there any compatible modern USB Ethernet or modern USB WiFi sticks (WiFi-5 or WiFi-6?) for this NVR?
I think this has been talked about before, I tried to add a usb to rj45 nic to a few dahua NVR's with no luck, The NVR must house the driver in the firmware to do that and as far as I know, Dahua has no accommodation for that as far as I know,

Lama

n3wb
Reaction score
BTW, what is it you want to accomplish by adding a second NIC to your NVR?
I've had to attach Police router to NIC but now, I need to access my own cameras remotely and in order to do this, I've to add another NIC to NVR and then connect it to Internet

I think this has been talked about before, I tried to add a usb to rj45 nic to a few dahua NVR's with no luck, The NVR must house the driver in the firmware to do that and as far as I know, Dahua has no accommodation for that as far as I know,
I guess I'm regretting my decision to buy Dahua now. Firmwares are tightly locked to disallow expandable?! That's disgusting and I can't understand any security explanation for this.

Last edited:

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had to attach Police router to NIC but now, I need to access my own cameras remotely and in order to do this, I've to add another NIC to NVR and then connect it to Internet

I guess I'm regretting my decision to buy Dahua now. Firmwares are tightly locked to disallow expandable?! That's disgusting and I can't understand any security explanation for this.
You need a real setup with desktop PC and Blue Iris. Not a toy NVR

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Seems like you could use a switch for that. :idk:

EDIT: Here's post from Nov. 2020 ==>> Hikvision Dual Lan ports

Last edited:

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
Getting pretty BI snobby here aren't we? My totally reliable Dahua NVR will hit its 6th birthday of 24x7 operation in January. Yes, it has some bugs. I remember reading that BI has some bugs, too.
Yes I apologize. I also use NVR’s alot for installs . I believe Andy sells a NVR with dual NIC . NVR5416/5432/5464-4KS2

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score

It IS a security risk, somebody walking into your place with a laptop and a usb nic, What could go wrong with that?

Lama

n3wb
Reaction score
It IS a security risk, somebody walking into your place with a laptop and a usb nic, What could go wrong with that?
Ya,.. That would be me most likely :p The owner who is turned into security risk thanks to those moron Dahua engineers. Any management UI can properly implement authorizing USBs but here, we don't have any options

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This isn't a Dahua issue.

Every NVR I have ever had the USB is only good for mouse/keyboard/USB drive to export video out to.

See if you can find one that does what you say. Remember, these NVRs are essentially small computers running Linux. Functionality of the USB port will be limited.

Either create a temp user/password to give the cops to login to your system or export the clips out for them.

Lama

n3wb
Reaction score
This isn't a Dahua issue.

Every NVR I have ever had the USB is only good for mouse/keyboard/USB drive to export video out to.

See if you can find one that does what you say. Remember, these NVRs are essentially small computers running Linux. Functionality of the USB port will be limited.

Either create a temp user/password to give the cops to login to your system or export the clips out for them.
That makes all Dahua products outdated.

Cops randomly access NVR based on alarm system's alerts. So putting their router away is Not an option.

All I think of is to install some splitter adapter :p

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Let us know when you find an NVR that allows that with the USB port....

What is wrong with simply giving them a user/password? If it is on your router, why does their router need to be plugged into it as well?

That is the beauty of the internet LOL. If your NVR is accessible via the internet, then they can access it that way?

It seems you are making it more difficult than it needs to be?

Lama

n3wb
Reaction score
They already have user and password

Still they installed router,.. I don't know why

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What if you were to add a second NVR? Connect it to the same cameras in parallel (if analog camera cables). Then each NVR has its own IP, physical network connection, and credentials.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Still they installed router,.. I don't know why
Apparently they don't know either.....and should probably leave the network issues to someone that does.

Are you wanting 2 NIC's so as to have 2 separate LAN's, each of a different subnet?

Last edited: