Anybody else having problems logging into DDNS sites?

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As of today I can not access any of my client sites on DDNS. It asks me to down load a new plugin which I did. Installed it with browser closed. Re opened browser and it asks me to download the plugin again? Happens in Firefox as well as IE. I can access everything through the phone app no problem.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Firefox applied an update a few days ago, I have the same issues presently with all my LTS NVR's I directly access daily (4 different ones). My IE is still working though no problems.

This has nothing to do with DDNS, this is purely browser related as the same issue is present in my home on local network.

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I read that article and am still a bit confused on how to re enable it.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I read that article and am still a bit confused on how to re enable it.
hey @Baspinall those instructions were written a little advanced, not with the novice in mind. See my notes below

open a new browser tab in firefox
1. enter the following: about:config
2. you will be prompted with a security warning, accept and move past it.
3. right click on the screen over one of the exsisting commands and goto "New" then select "Boolean"
4. enter the following: plugin.load_flash_only
5. accept/ok
6. set tag to "false"
7. accept/ok
8. press "shift+F2" to open command line
9. type "restart"
10. this will force firefox restart and when it comes back up you should be good to go!

Good Luck

Baspinall

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great! Thanks. That worked. Now ...... is this going to be an issue down the road?

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
Great! Thanks. That worked. Now ...... is this going to be an issue down the road?
Not sure - Firefox did release an extended support release designed for "Corporations, Universities, Government Use" basically turning back on everything. Thus giving people time to get VPNs, digital signatures, etc upgraded. However, from what I read even the ESR version had some plugin issues so I didn't even try it. However, if you want to here is the link and they will continue to support all exsisting plugin's for 1 year.
Firefox Extended Support Release — Notes (52.0esr)