anybody using unraid to backup your storage- SETUP QUESTION

qnzkrew

n3wb
Reaction score
im hoping to create a large unraid server that i am running unraid as a VM. I want to be able to pass through or have a share available inside the VM which can then transfer over to an idle array once a month or so and start the cycle again. i should be able to access the array shares from the VM but there will be enough space within this passed share to go back a month or so .lets say the total array is 100 TB and i pass through a 4 tb disk to the VM. once the passed disk reaches 75 percent full it transfer all that data to the array and it starts over. this way i mostly write to thr one disk and the array is idle waiting for that drive to fill up, thanks in advance

hopalong

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using unRaid as long term storage for BI and running CodeProject AI in a docker. Mine is a physical server though with about 26 TB of storage. Are you running unRaid as a VM? That seems to make it more cumbersome though sharing the shares through SMB isn't an issue. You may just need simple script to purge data from the share after it it gets a certain age. BI might be able to manage it based upon percentage.