Anyone else having major issues with Bi rebooting?

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just added another patch update from Bi yesterday, and its still crashing and rebooting. This is on a brand new i7 8700K 16gb ram using the onboard graphics. Before yesterday's update, I woul click on one of my Dahua cams, and its frozen and it would crash. Now the patch somehow fixed that, System was running, and this morning I come and see that its just crashed and off. I better enable that force restart. But in general, its been very wonkie. I was running more cameras on v4 and it was super stable. Looks like they are working on it, so I have faith in them getting things squared away.
Another issue I am having is that Adding New camera does NOT find cameras I had previously installed with configured IPs. Even the MFG search tools I use do no find the cameras. There are also some cameras installed that doesnt come up on the find list. Strange. I think this is vital and should be an area Bi should focus on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just added another patch update from Bi yesterday, and its still crashing and rebooting. This is on a brand new i7 8700K 16gb ram using the onboard graphics. Before yesterday's update, I woul click on one of my Dahua cams, and its frozen and it would crash. Now the patch somehow fixed that, System was running, and this morning I come and see that its just crashed and off. I better enable that force restart. But in general, its been very wonkie. I was running more cameras on v4 and it was super stable. Looks like they are working on it, so I have faith in them getting things squared away.
Another issue I am having is that Adding New camera does NOT find cameras I had previously installed with configured IPs. Even the MFG search tools I use do no find the cameras. There are also some cameras installed that doesnt come up on the find list. Strange. I think this is vital and should be an area Bi should focus on.
There is no known issue with blue iris crashing unless you are suffering from an intel driver memory leak, see wiki. Not sure why you think "they are working on it".
If your manufactures config tools cant find the camera, then you are doing something wrong. It is not a bi issue.
Finding the cameras is not "vital", this is easily accomplished by looking at your router or a simply ip scan tool.

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for those links and help in resolving this, yet they have drivers up to 580 Intel graphic. I am using the 630 found on the i7 8700K CPU. I am getting Bi updates often for the past couple weeks. CPU hits 100% in minutes, not hours, Ram is at 8.7GB.
I just turned HW accel On to "Intel", as one of your recent posts suggest to do so. Not better.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for those links and help in resolving this, yet they have drivers up to 580 Intel graphic. I am using the 630 found on the i7 8700K CPU. I am getting Bi updates often for the past couple weeks. CPU hits 100% in minutes, not hours, Ram is at 8.7GB.
I just turned HW accel On to "Intel", as one of your recent posts suggest to do so. Not better.
Intel has 630 drivers available..not sure what you mean. Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers
Bi has always pushed frequent updates, its not just the last few weeks. There is no reason to assume that your issue is being addressed.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Issue I am having and not sure if it is related to this:
-while playing video back it works for awhile as I scrub and click video but then it freezes and then screen goes black
-resetting bi fixes the problem. I don't see the issue again until next time I playback

I was told to uncheck "Also BVR" to see if this fixes it.

You might know more @fenderman!

Thanks

Phil Indeblanc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Intel has 630 drivers available..not sure what you mean. Download Intel® Graphics - Windows® 10 DCH Drivers
Bi has always pushed frequent updates, its not just the last few weeks. There is no reason to assume that your issue is being addressed.
What I mean is that the drivers listed on the link before didnt apply to the 630, AND this link the Dell box didn't like either. It said to go to the mfg to download the right driver from Dell.

Having turned HWA off, Bi is now at low CPU, but the cameras keep going On and OFF.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I mean is that the drivers listed on the link before didnt apply to the 630, AND this link the Dell box didn't like either. It said to go to the mfg to download the right driver from Dell.

Having turned HWA off, Bi is now at low CPU, but the cameras keep going On and OFF.
You can Install this driver Google the procedure it is mentioned in other threads as well. This is another reason why it’s very important to do a clean installation of windows. Failure to do so can cause the issues you’ve mentioned. Perform a clean install using the windows media creation tool.
The fact that the cameras are going in and out points to something else going on in your network or PC not blue Iris itself

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your best to turn off auto updates in BI. Don't update unless you have a specific reason to.