Anyone get SWANN NHD-815CAM working with Blue Iris?

Tim Briggs

n3wb
Reaction score
If you're still looking for the tool to configure your camera, I use this one which also works with ReoLink cameras for the Swann cameras I have. - Reolink
Just download their NVR Setup tool which works with cameras and nvr units.
I checked the link to REO manual NVR setup tool. Is there an active link? I have a couple of Swann Camera, that I want to see if they will work with Blue Iris. I also have ordered Dahua's but want to see what I can get these to do since they work well where they are placed.

Reaction score
Why mess with these when you can get hikvision turrets for about the same price.. Known to work.
I bought the Swan because I needed a camera that day-crazy neighbour situation. So Frys was the place with the best selection, but I won't buy Swan again. The camera never worked well with BI, dropped out all the time and I never got audio working.

Today I swapped in a Hikvision, which was a world of difference. Configured it from my couch.

mightyduk

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm struggling with setting up a SWANN 818 to Blue Iris. I was able to connect with REOLink no problem, but I really would like to get it on Blue Iris. I've tried a lot of the different settings mentioned above but no success. I'm pretty new to BI, so it could be that I'm not setting things right. Could someone who has done this successfully post a screenshot or describe the settings to use in the Network IP camera configuration window?

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone had any new success connecting the Swann NHD-815 cameras to BI? My buddy has a Swann NVR8-7300 and (4) cameras. The images fit fine on a monitor in a 4x4 matrix. When we went to add a 5th camera the matrix went to 3x3 with 5 cameras and 4 black screens and he hates it. I contacted Swann and they said there are no options for displaying 2x4 or floating adjusting like the BI web app does. Any number of cameras over 4 goes to a 3x3 matrix.

I took camera #5 home and am trying to connect it to my BI installation. According to the Reolink app it is an "IPC_388M" camera and according to nmap it is only listening on port 9000. I have tried the settings above but no luck (but I'm no BI wiz, either). I have also tried using Amcrest 960H and IPC setups with no luck.

I know these cams are not the best but he would rather repurpose the 5 Swann cameras on a new PC with BI than buy 5 new cameras (senior citizen, fixed budget).

Any new ideas? A screen shot would be appreciated. Thanks.

smittyjf

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone had any new success connecting the Swann NHD-815 cameras to BI? My buddy has a Swann NVR8-7300 and (4) cameras. The images fit fine on a monitor in a 4x4 matrix. When we went to add a 5th camera the matrix went to 3x3 with 5 cameras and 4 black screens and he hates it. I contacted Swann and they said there are no options for displaying 2x4 or floating adjusting like the BI web app does. Any number of cameras over 4 goes to a 3x3 matrix.

I took camera #5 home and am trying to connect it to my BI installation. According to the Reolink app it is an "IPC_388M" camera and according to nmap it is only listening on port 9000. I have tried the settings above but no luck (but I'm no BI wiz, either). I have also tried using Amcrest 960H and IPC setups with no luck.

I know these cams are not the best but he would rather repurpose the 5 Swann cameras on a new PC with BI than buy 5 new cameras (senior citizen, fixed budget).

Any new ideas? A screen shot would be appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but I'm wondering if there is any info on adding the NHD815 to BI. I know the IP, Username/Password, Port (9000) but no luck...
I know these cameras cannot be directly connected to so I tried RTSP with the settings in the first post with no luck though (Getting no signal)
I know my way around BI pretty well. I've done several installs in our company (40 to 50 camera installs) retail supermarkets.
I bought the Swann system for my home before I started working with BI and found out how limited the system is so I'd like to try to repurpose these instead of buying new cameras.
This is the rtsp paths I've tried.

rtsp://<ip>:554/h264Preview_01_main (2304x1296)
rtsp://<ip>:554/h264Preview_01_sub (640x360)

Anyone with any ideas or something different to try id appreciate it.

Thanks
Smitty