Anyone have a theory on why this cam triggered?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Nevermind...nothing to see here...move along. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh crap, I'm a dumbass. I just notice on a couple of cams of my parent's system I have this checked:

1707067023599.png

Not sure how that got in there as my system I don't have it checked anywhere.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen these Dahua IVS triggers happen plenty of times with "nearby" objects that don't enter or cross trip lines or Intrusion boxes (usually with moving vehicles, not people): at this point I consider it par for the course. It means that you just need to adjust and move your lines back just a bit, and by doing so you can find ways to make these spurious detections stop. My suspicion is that the camera is internally creating a rectangular "box" around the moving object (much like BI's motion boxes) even if those are not always drawn in the GUI, and when one of those "boxes" crosses your IVS lines, it can create a trigger, even if technically the object itself didn't cross a line but simply came close.
I moved my tripwire lines back a little. I left the intrusion zone line along for now. We'll see what happens.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The log was empty for the date in question. I don't know if it's empty for the two days ago because the cam doesn't keep the log that far back or maybe I changed a setting on the cam and when I saved it the log was cleared. Beats me.
I dont know BI at all, maybe it has a log that contain more details about events.

Regarding the camera, maybe the camera doesn't log events at all, the events being logged differ between firmware. But I think the NVR has log for all events (but you don't have one).

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I dont know BI at all, maybe it has a log that contain more details about events.

Regarding the camera, maybe the camera doesn't log events at all, the events being logged differ between firmware. But I think the NVR has log for all events (but you don't have one).
The cams did do some logging but it was only for the last two day whereas the problem I had was just beyond the dates logged. I don't have a memory card in the cams so maybe there's a limit on how much it logs. The log that was there just logged the time being updated and when the sys admin logged.

d5775927

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
BTW, on my (Dahua) NVR I can see log from IPCs:
1707482205468.png

It doesn't contain the IVS rule, name, but it has the channel number time and event type, which is usually sufficient.