Anyone have experience with Add-A-Motor Drapery Motor for Existing Drapery?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Add-A-Motor Drapery Motor for Existing Drapery? I just ordered one for the curtains in my home; I plan on connecting it to my VeraLite. Figured I would see if anyone has any experience with it. The reviews are mixed, but I don't know what to expect.

Thanks,
Mike

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
The motor arrived today and I hooked it up to a Z-Wave outlet directly below it. So far it's been working great and I'm happy with the purchase and am having fun with it.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sweet, thanks for the feedback.. I want something like this for my office, I'd like to put reflective tint on it so its like a mirror outside.. but at night it works in reverse so I'd like some blinds that automatically close at sunset and then back open in the morning.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
sweet, thanks for the feedback.. I want something like this for my office, I'd like to put reflective tint on it so its like a mirror outside.. but at night it works in reverse so I'd like some blinds that automatically close at sunset and then back open in the morning.
Sounds good. I have mine open at sunrise and shut at sunset automatically with my VeraLite. So far everything is still working nicely and my curtains have been getting a lot of exercise, lol

intwoit

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have had their products for 15 years and still working and supported with parts, very happy.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
A little over 2 years later everything is still working great.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting.
Product shows for sliding curtains horzontally only.
Would this work for vertical blinds or would that be too much strain?