Anyone here tried Ubiquiti's Camera G4 Pro? (Has a 1/2" sensor)

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Why would anyone spend $440+ on one single camera that "probably" doesn't have Starlight+ like technology :facepalm:

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That video doesn't make them look so great. I thought the 4th series were better than that.

Also doesn't inspire much confidence in the reviewer when he says at the start that he has no clue what the camera specs mean. ; )

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, well not all reviewers are experts in the subject matter they are reviewing, and that is okay I think. It is always good to know how less-experienced users deal with a product.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
That's true. And does provide a more honest review of what they'd expect for results. Hopefully there's some better tuning that can be done to improve the night results. The IR blow-out was terrible.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I really liked Ubiquiti's first Aircam, but I think that was mainly out of ignorance. A few years later when I discovered Hikvision's DS-2CD2032-I and similar 3MP cameras, I never saw another Ubiquiti camera that I wanted.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
People buy it as they have existing hardware and enjoy the so called plug & play ease. Given the asking price when compared to other similar priced options you’re absolutely getting robbed going with that unit.

Operational temperature isn’t close to industry standards of at least -30’C theirs is -20’C They still don’t offer what is considered next generation video compression from H.264+ / H.265+

Yet again no compliance with ONVIF?!? I don’t see any reference to RTSP so can’t say if theirs a method to connect??

Power consumption is one of the highest for a such a single lens camera of 12+ watts. So if you have 10-50 of these cameras get ready to bend over for increased electrical costs. The spec sheet offers no mention of smart IR or any AI but assume the latter exists somewhere??

If history is any indicator this box runs hotter than a mother fucker!

Pass . . .