Anyone know what feed the built in Anran viewer uses?

AlanP

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 Anran AR-DW105-IP cams and one is potentially faulty or overheating. It’s in a warmer and much busier location. There are also trees and foliage so it gets a lot more work.

It currently seems stable at 1080p, 15fps and “Good” quality (VBR). Anything higher and it starts producing excessive artefacts, smearing and the feed can cut altogether a few times per day. I recently switched from iSpy to Blue Iris and wish I had changed years ago. Much better in many ways, but worth it for the “Direct-to-disc” option alone.

Anyway, while the problematic cam is playing up, the built in browser viewer you get when logging in to cam directly seems to be fine. Even when iSpy/Blue Iris won't connect at all it can still work. I’m not even sure it’s possible, but can Blue Iris be setup to use the same feed?

Blue Iris is currently set to “RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4” (tried both RTSP sdp streams) and I have previously used VLC/RTSP, ONVIF feeds with iSpy, but I can't find what the browser displays.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it's ONVIF compatible, try the free ODM, log into cam, select live view and look at stream URL bottom right, IIRC.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

AlanP

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks very much for the info :)

Do you know if there is a way to connect to the cam in the same way with Blue Iris? Or do you mean I should use the ODM displayed URL for Blue Iris?

AlanP

n3wb
Reaction score
What a great app. Lots of info and it seems I can view the cam without even logging in :oops: There seems to be a “default” user account that isn’t listed in the cam config. I’m not sure if it’s using that or ONVIF allows this?

On the Live Video it lists the URL as:

rtsp:/192.168.1.80/user=admin_password=xxxxxxxx_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

It’s the same one that Blue Iris is using already and isn’t the same feed that I see when I log into the cam with a browser. On the Identification page the URL is:

I blanked the pass above even though it’s not the one I have set for admin or guest accounts. Can anything be used or is that a baked in (backdoor) password?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry, but I don't know a thing about that camera.
In BI, did you ever try just putting in the cam's IP, user/pass and clicking on "Find/Inspect"?

AlanP

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, after inspecting, BI switches to “RTSP H.264/MJPG/MPEG4” for the make/model and changes the path to “/user=admin_password=xxxxxxxx_channel=1_stream=0.sdp?real_stream

Just to clarify, the cams are working with BI and much, much smoother (compared to iSpy).... far less CPU and memory use too. I’m just trying to find whatever feed the built in browser connection uses. It somehow keeps providing a video feed for the problematic cam when ONVIF/RTSP aren’t.

Thanks for your help and ODM is a great little app :)

AlanP

n3wb
Reaction score
A newbie question, but could a low “Receive buffer” have been causing the issue? Since raising it to 20mb in BI (default was 6mb) the cam seems fine. No smearing or artefacts and no dropouts. I have even raised the quality.

It seems strange as it’s the same bitrate (previously lower) as the other faultless cams, but I suppose it is a much busier stream.