anyone recommend a 4 door access controller?

wozzzzza

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
need a door controller with wiegand keypad capability and pin numbers, anyone know a system that is not too expensive??

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
need a door controller with wiegand keypad capability and pin numbers, anyone know a system that is not too expensive??
Depends a bit on your more specific use case / requirements and budget. Some require ongoing subscription costs. Some are harder to get your hands on if you aren't an authorized dealer. I dug up some links in another thread recently: Door lock system with keypad

Unifi Access is a decent option and they actually recently released a new 8 door controller the Enterprise Access Hub EAH-8 ($999, the single door controllers run $199 each) other hardware is required like a cloudkey or udm.

Kantech KT-400

Honeywell NetAXS-4

Most of the CDVI boards I'm seeing are only 2 door, I think there's a way to expand, but it isn't immediately clear.

The ICT Protege WX seems like a nice system and integrates an intrusion alarm, but is less DIY friendly, harder to get your hands on.

Brivo and Pro Data Key are also decent options that are harder to get your hands on and have subscription costs.

If you do go with a standalone controller that's network enabled, I'd make sure you enforce some external network security.

Dahua & Hikvision both make some less expensive access controller's that are probably better than some of the random Chinese brands on amazon.

Last edited:

wozzzzza

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Dahua & Hikvision both make some less expensive access controller's that are probably better than some of the random Chinese brands on amazon.
looked but cant find, they look like they are no longer in production?

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
DS-K2604T

Readers DS-K1109DKFB-QR

HikCentral ACS 2.1.1 freeware

Plus it offers integration via ISAPI(http requests)
Also pushing events to TCP server listener if you would like to recieve events in 3rd party apps or make your own

SamM

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It depends on your application but this system is a balance between a corporate solution and a small installation.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
anyone know a system that is not too expensive?
what's your budget?

where will the be installed? Office, home, small business? Your home / business or installing it for someone else?

That kind of determines what's appropriate / feasible.

4 door access control in many cases is going to be > $2000 usd just in parts and that may not even include all the parts you need.