Anyone run into this - Browser Not Supported

progear

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone run into this? I have one camera that is giving me this error/screen when trying to login to the camera to adjust settings. Camera is working fine with Blue Iris and is active on the SADP, but I can't log in? Running the proper IE browser protocol and have no issues logging into all the other Hikvision cameras

Camera - 2CD2542FWD-IS -compact dome
Firmware - 5.5.82 (Only camera with this Firmware, all other cameras 5.5.53)

Looking for some options on getting into it or factory reset? Have a feeling it's something to do with the current firmware version?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you still have access to the actual Internet Explorer?

Some cameras are still very sensitive to browsers and even using Edge in IE mode or compatibility mode is still problematic.

progear

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you still have access to the actual Internet Explorer?

Some cameras are still very sensitive to browsers and even using Edge in IE mode or compatibility mode is still problematic.
Wow!! It worked! Thankfully I still have a desktop on the network that had IE, let me in, installed the 5.5.53 firmware and can now use Edge in IE mode! Hard to believe this is still an ongoing issue, especially considering Hikvision is one of the largest surveillance camera manufacturers out there?!?!?!

Thanks!!!!

jcomas

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm on Windows 11 and Microsoft Edge browser permits IE mode. It's working on Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS IP Camera.

Go to "Settings -> Default browser" and select:

Let Internet Explorer open sites in Microsoft Edge = Always (Recommended)
Allow sites to be reloaded in Internet Explorer mode = Allow
Internet Explorer mode pages = Press "Add" button and insert IP Camera address.

Reference: How to Enable Internet Explorer Mode in Windows 11