Anyone seen this? Faulty image??

dalepa

Reaction score
It could be a number of different issues cams, network, nvr/pc... which cams, NVR/pc, etc are you using?

need more info...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My years-old 5MP cams used to do this during the day, but not at night. The solution was to set the i-frame interval equal to the frame rate. This settings change has been known to improve video stability for a lot of cameras actually.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats called tearing, its because frames are being dropped and every once and a while one of them was the ever important i-frame.. increasing i-frame interval can help alleviate the symptoms, but it does not fix the underlying problem.. that frames are being dropped, could be all sorts of things.

sometimes its poor udp performance, resource exhaustion, network bottlenecks, etc..

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Are you doing constant recording 24/7 on all the cameras? You seem to have recordings all night long, but with many gaps.
I agree with nayr that you have a bottleneck somewhere, either network bandwidth, or most likely the HD on your NAS can't keep up with all the information it has to record.