Anyone stopped receiving IOS alerts from DMSS in the past couple of days?

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see on my firewall that it's getting traffic to port 8888 which was what was required for apples push notifications.

But haven't been getting any mesages to the phone since the past 2 days

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@psycik No problems here - iOS DMSS notifications coming through here. You may find they start up again in a day. This has happened to me where I received no notifications for a day or two, then they begin working, so I assume it is the server the notifications are going to.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@psycik No problems here - iOS DMSS notifications coming through here. You may find they start up again in a day. This has happened to me where I received no notifications for a day or two, then they begin working, so I assume it is the server the notifications are going to.
Cheers thanks. I tried recreating the alerts on the app, so hopefully I haven't upset anything. But I can see them heading out my firewall.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I suspect it is an issue with the path to their server impacting people within a specific geographical region. We see posts like this from time to time here and is one of the disadvantages about having to rely on their server.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yeah if I could work out the structure of their messages so that you get the link directly to playback, I'd have replaced it years ago - if only to replace channel 1 with the name of the camera.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Out of curiously

Are you using local device or signed into Dahua cloud account?

Wing

n3wb
Reaction score
Same here. Stopped working over the weekend. Australia

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Mine has been working all over the weekend and Monday but I noticed I did not receive a notification around 6pm Yesterday (Tuesday). But I received DMSS notifications last night at 9:30pm - there were four notifications at that time when my wife came home (one of them shown below):

1670960741159.png

Wing

n3wb
Reaction score
Quick update. Notifications for Motion Detection have now started coming in but not for IVS yet.

steve457

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you setup your cameras and NVR to enable push notifications through DMSS? I found the setting in the DMSS app, but would I also need to enable something on the camera? I already have IVS setup on the camera and it sends me an email, just want to enable the alert on the app as well. I believe I would have to enable the alert type in the Alarm tab on the camera as well, is that correct?

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do you setup your cameras and NVR to enable push notifications through DMSS? I found the setting in the DMSS app, but would I also need to enable something on the camera? I already have IVS setup on the camera and it sends me an email, just want to enable the alert on the app as well. I believe I would have to enable the alert type in the Alarm tab on the camera as well, is that correct?
I think once the camera is recording an ivs rule, that just setting the phone notification handles it. I don’t think you have to turn on alarm or emails snapshot or anything on the camera