Anyone tested HA on new Xeons with integrated GPU?

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Every once in a while there is a deal on new or refurbished DELL servers with E3-1225 v5 that has integrated graphics and intel ark does list quick sync support as yes. Usually those go for $350-$450 depending on configuration, but I was offered multiple units for $220 each. 8GB of memory and 1TB of storage (which is irrelevant).

Anyway, has anyone tested these CPUs with BlueIris in practice? Did HA work okay, or at all?

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Every once in a while there is a deal on new or refurbished DELL servers with E3-1225 v5 that has integrated graphics and intel ark does list quick sync support as yes. Usually those go for $350-$450 depending on configuration, but I was offered multiple units for $220 each. 8GB of memory and 1TB of storage (which is irrelevant).

Anyway, has anyone tested these CPUs with BlueIris in practice? Did HA work okay, or at all?
I built a PC with a E3-1225V3 because I had one from a previous project, and it works fine for a smaller BI system. Think my load is around 25%. I have 6 cams, one 4mp, four 2mp and one 720p.
When I was checking the V3 was slightly less horsepower than the I5.

An entire 1225V5 PC for $220 sounds like a great deal.

Randy

jsr182

n3wb
Reaction score

I never had any luck with a supermicro;

Hardware verification for 15 to 20 cameras

I did read where some people set the bios to boot on all errors, then disable the vga using a jumper, then only accessing the box remotely and that having the integrated gpu actually show up to windows.

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I built a PC with a E3-1225V3 because I had one from a previous project, and it works fine for a smaller BI system. Think my load is around 25%. I have 6 cams, one 4mp, four 2mp and one 720p.
When I was checking the V3 was slightly less horsepower than the I5.

An entire 1225V5 PC for $220 sounds like a great deal.

Randy
Did you use integrated graphics for hardware acceleration?

PancakeBimmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I never had any luck with a supermicro;

Hardware verification for 15 to 20 cameras

I did read where some people set the bios to boot on all errors, then disable the vga using a jumper, then only accessing the box remotely and that having the integrated gpu actually show up to windows.
So it was more of an issue with getting integrated cpu graphics to work while on-board graphics was also enabled?

jsr182

n3wb
Reaction score
So it was more of an issue with getting integrated cpu graphics to work while on-board graphics was also enabled?
The integrated Intel graphics, yes. On a lot of servers the integrated matrox will disable the igpu