Anyone try Anpviz cams?

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have never heard of Anpviz before, looking for feedback. Looking at this one on amazon:

Anpviz 4K 8MP PoE PTZ Camera Outdoor, 5X Optical Zoom 2.7~13.5mm Lens, Pan 280° Tilt 90° IP Security Camera with Human Vehicle Detection, Spotlight&Sound Alarm, 2 Way Talk, SD Card Slot, IP66

I was looking specifically for PTZ PoE Optical zoom outdoor dome cams, and found this but again, never heard of it. Thoughts/feedback?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^^.

Is this it ? ==>> here

If so, no way can a 4K/8MP cam, especially with 5X optical zoom, have a sensor large enough to provide any sort of decent night time performance with any motion involved for only $140. That's probably why they won't mention the sensor size any where. It would have to be at least 1/1.8", ideally 1/1.2", for 4k/8MP.

Ideal-sensor-size-to-megapixel.png

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

RifRaff13

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And yes that was the one. Now i am looking at:
EmpireTech Starlight 4MP 25x 1/2.8" CMOS IR Smart PTZ Camera, 5mm–125mm Lens, Auto-Tracking Support,Perimeter Protection, Face Detection, SMD 3.0, IP66, IK10 Protection, Mini PTZ Camera PTZ425DB-AT

at: 1/2.8" 4Megapixel STARVIS CMOS , 25× optical zoom. To that matrix it is still red. Is there a better unit with the features. I am looking for Turret (under eve mounting) PTZ (tracking) Optical zoom (better recognition) PoE of course.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And yes that was the one. Now i am looking at:
EmpireTech Starlight 4MP 25x 1/2.8" CMOS IR Smart PTZ Camera, 5mm–125mm Lens, Auto-Tracking Support,Perimeter Protection, Face Detection, SMD 3.0, IP66, IK10 Protection, Mini PTZ Camera PTZ425DB-AT

at: 1/2.8" 4Megapixel STARVIS CMOS , 25× optical zoom. To that matrix it is still red. Is there a better unit with the features. I am looking for Turret (under eve mounting) PTZ (tracking) Optical zoom (better recognition) PoE of course.
This PTZ is a good solution where form factor is more important.

But it does suffer from night time performance as the IR is not very strong.

But to get a better performing PTZ you have to jump to the $700-$800 range and it will be twice as large.