Anyone try the DS-2CD2735EF-IS Vari-Focal?

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
I could not find a single thing online about the DS-2CD2735EF-IS.
Has anyone seen any reviews on it or have personal experience? I'm looking to add 2 more cameras to my DS-7104NI-SN/P setup & I'm wanting vari-focal cameras so I can get them setup perfectly & this one seemed like an okay deal.

I did see everyone is going crazy for the Dahua Starlight 2MP camera, anyone know how much of problem that would be setting up with the Hik DS-7104NI-SN/P?

Thank you,
-BT

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Starlight Dahua should work w/Hik NVR via ONVIF.. The IVS Features wont work, and you'll have to use the virturalHost option and configure cam directly.

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
Starlight Dahua should work w/Hik NVR via ONVIF.. The IVS Features wont work, and you'll have to use the virturalHost option and configure cam directly.
Forgive my ignorance but how do I find VirtualHost? I tried finding it in the NVR network settings & couldn't.
Do I need a different software tool?

Thank you.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
doubt it; you could also run the dahuas off an external PoE switch and add them through the main network.. then that feature would not be needed.

SCRPD

n3wb
Reaction score
doubt it; you could also run the dahuas off an external PoE switch and add them through the main network.. then that feature would not be needed.
I'll try researching for English firmware updates before buying an external PoE switch for the configuration. If I cannot find anything I guess got nothing to lose about having an extra switch with PoE.

Thank you again!

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
you can also plug a laptop or something into an empty port on the back of the NVR if you need to get on the same network for direct web config.. once you got it setup you dont need to reconfigure it every day.. just might make those first few days/weeks a pita to configure the thing directly.

this is one of the reasons I dont like built in PoE; hidnig the cameras usually hides additional features/configuration possibilities.