Anyone using IPhone IOS Dahua Apps IDMSS or Easy4IP?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone using IPhone IOS Dahua Apps IDMSS or Easy4IP?

Why do the apps crash anytime you load a sub stream that is not default?

They work solid as long as you keep the Dahua sub stream the default setting. If you adjust it in anyway both apps crash every time no matter what you do. But, I'd like to reduce the sub stream or adjust the CBR to VBR.

The Dahua default for the substream is:

H.264H, D1, 15FPS, BRC_CBR, 1024 Kbps, frames 60.

1. Is this what you are using for settings that work on the IPhone apps?

Thanks

Here are the default sub stream settings for both the Dahua 30x and turret cameras that work:

WT32

n3wb
Reaction score
I just tested changing the settings in IDMSS Lite and it is still working for me. The picture looks pretty crappy at this setting though.

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 6.51.17 AM.png

WT32

n3wb
Reaction score
The difference maybe that my stream is coming from Blue iris and not my Dahua NVR. When I get a chance i'll try the stream from the NVR to see if it doesn't like the altered sub stream. it's a NVR4216-4k so will be very similar to yours.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use h264 D1 resolution on my dahua NVR. And accesss via idmss. On and iPad mini2 and iPhone 5s. Both on iOS 10.

Good to see NZ represent.

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could be the iphone7.did that version barely come out? I haven't been up to date.devs probably need to tinker with the app some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use h264 D1 resolution on my dahua NVR. And accesss via idmss. On and iPad mini2 and iPhone 5s. Both on iOS 10.
Good to see NZ represent.
Not detailed enough information on the codec to decipher. Both Main stream and substream are always H.264. But what is mattering is adjusting fps, VBR, CBR and resolution crashing it.

Go NZ!

Last edited by a moderator:

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could be the iphone7.did that version barely come out? I haven't been up to date.devs probably need to tinker with the app some more.
Wish it was that simple. But it crashes on an iPhone 6 and an iPad air. Both with iOS 9. It really comes down to particular camera substream setting outside the dahua defaults. I'm trying to decide what the parameter is that causes it to crash, is it a change in Fps, bit rate, pixels, etc?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
trial and error, change one at a time and observe for a while to see if it crashes..

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
trial and error, change one at a time and observe for a while to see if it crashes..
Ya, already spent 2-3 hrs doing that on site. Couldn't figure out what it was. Was hoping someone else could try to eliminate the possibility not was my app, iOS or phone version.

Can't trial and error now remotely. Tried that yesterday and almost didn't get the camera back for 1-2 hrs of troubleshooting. Everytime you adjust an encode setting on Smart PSS the NVR turns off for 4-5 mins and you can't change a screen while you wait of you can't hit save after apply. There is a 5 min wait time between apply and save. It is odd. This is something that someone can do fairly quick and easy if they are connected onsite. The risk isn't worth the reward at this time.

If this was an aftermarket camera I can see the capability error. But it is Dahua talking to Dahua. I'm starting to wonder if this is a PAL vs. NTSC thing? The cameras said PAL but the users on here said it does not matter when it comes to IP cameras in my prior post.

Every change takes the NVR offline for a significant period of time 5+ minutes for every click on apply and every click on save:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
PAL or NTSC wont make a bit of difference.. files are encoded exactly the same.

is it a specific camera thats causing the issue? or any of your cameras will cause the app to crash?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No specific camera. They all do it. Can't tell what setting exactly causes it bc it is too slow to troubleshoot. This is what happens every time you click apply then the NVR goes off line and you click save and it doesn't save the setting and the camera crashes in the app. So, pretty hard to adjust anything to get it back.

Loading cam1 crashes the IDMSS app with a sub stream setting of: H.264, D1, FPS30, BRC_CBR, 1024 Kbps, iframe 60, no audio selected.
VIDEO

Loading cam1 crashes the Easy4IP app with the setting of H.264, D1, FPS30, BRC_CBR, 1024 Kbps, iframe 60, no audio selected.
VIDEO

Why there is an extra 2 channels when selecting the NVR (00 and 01) am not sure but they are blank and do not appear on the Smart PSS.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
can you connect to the NVR directly with your web-browser when it 'goes offline'?

SubStream2 is not supported by all cameras, only those w/3 streams.. often the 3rd is a 720p stream unless its a 4k camera then its a 1080p stream.

in iDMSS are you loading the main stream or the extra stream?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, it really goes offline. I can't reach the 192.168.20.101 until it comes back online. I imagine it restarts everytime you you make a change to the encode quality on Smart PSS.

I meant on the IDMSS app, there are an extra two channels appearing (channel 00 and 01) that are not utilized.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mine doesn't, I can do exactly like you are in the video and the NVR never drops away.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
mine doesn't, I can do exactly like you are in the video and the NVR never drops away.
Yea, so weird. Doesn't do that when I am connected locally. Only does this remotely.

But the bigger issue is what causes all 3 IOS Apps to crash.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
your using a VPN connection right? What's the firmware version on your NVR?

This could be related, was the iOS app crashing locally too or just remotely? Mebe you found a way to configure your VPN Server to mess everything up heh

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@CaliGirl u mentioned that u have an old android phone? Maybe u can test idmss with that phone.

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
your using a VPN connection right? What's the firmware version on your NVR?

This could be related, was the iOS app crashing locally too or just remotely? Mebe you found a way to configure your VPN Server to mess everything up heh
Anything is possible with me! I know just enough to mess things up.

iOS apps crash both locally and remotely so I don't think the VPN comes into play on this one. They were crashing at home on the local network when I was setting everything up. It was one of the first things I was trying to figure out but got pushed to the side as I got it working again using the defaults.

I think this is the firmware on it. Was hard to find access to it but I think this is the NVR and not smart PSS or a camera:

3.210.0001.0, build 2014-10-16

- - - Updated - - -

@CaliGirl u mentioned that u have an old android phone? Maybe u can test idmss with that phone.
Good thinking Mando!