Anything I can replace my Ring with?

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
I hate Amazon as much as the next guy, but the Ring doorbells just do work. I currently have no subscription so I get no history, which is fine with me since I have an IP Cam there too

Is there anything actually good enough to replace a ring? The two way functionality just works so well. I'd love it it were PoE though

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
Really I would disagree, its never not worked for me. The two way talk works very well, the Ring app works fine (Especially Rapid Ring)

The only points I don't like about it are

• Amazon
  • The doorbell ring goes through the internet, so no internet, no bell
  • Not PoE (Not fair though, as there is a PoE Model)

IReallyLikePizza2

Known around here
Reaction score
The fact that ring sends your video to some unknown server in some unknown place, is enough to avoid.
Yep, this is the main issue. The only reason I haven't tossed it out is because I don't use my own front door, and the quality of the camera isn't even close to being good enough to catch me even walking down the driveway

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
anything is better than ring... seriously.
I can better that. I have a Swann Wifi doorbell, it's useless, pathetic. I have it hooked up to constant power, but the unit doesn't detect it's on constant power and therefore is always in sleep mode to conserve battery, which in turn means my notifications are delayed. I only use it as a traditional doorbell as the wireless chime is responsive and works. I reckon anything is better than Swann.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the ring pro doorbell. Love the thing. It's a doorbell camera. I don't expect or need anything from it other than what it does. Video quality is fine. Two way talk is awesome. Fast notifications and easy review is awesome. And 30 bucks a year for the history is nothing really. I dig the integration with echo show. My dahuas get the good stuff. This ring doorbell man, it's perfect for what it does. But forget the battery ones. They suck.