Anything like hik-connect (remote access without vpn) for reolink?

Terje

n3wb
Reaction score
In the past, I used hikvision cameras when helping someone to set something up.

However, over the years, I have gotten really annoyed by the need for hikvision browser plugins and the more ethical side of things so last purchase was reolink.

They work great for the job they are set to do, but what is really missing is a way to connect to them through a firewall without using VPN on your mobile phone.
I am aware that it would be possible to use port forwarding, but do people using any other nice solutions for this?

Even setting up some NVR or video surveilance software on a PC is fully acceptable solutions in this case (and I guess it may be better to manage a single port hitting a NVR rather than many ports for different cameras).
I have not looked at blue iris in some years, but some quick reading makes me think that the issues I had with it in the past, are fixed long time ago and it may even be one way to make life easier.

I am specifically for looking to set up 3 PTZ cameras in the next setup I will help someone with.
The RLC-823A and DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3 both should fit the use pretty well.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Reolink can provide remote access using an app and their P2P server; not sure I can recommend it, just saying that it exists.

I see you've been a forum member for well over 4 years, not sure if you were aware though of issues with Reolink cams, especially at night and also with Blue Iris.