Anyway to roll back a BI update?

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just updated to 5.2.5.5 and now CPU is at 100%
5.2.5.3 was running fine, how do I get that?

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
ya for sure much higher CPU usage with this update. it has been much lower with the last update so it is noticeable. It is about 20% higher

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
looks like a new update fixed the high CPU issue

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Im getting the feeling WE are their QC department..
This has always been the case and its awesome. While other vms makers release updates once or twice a year and generally dont add many features, the blue iris developer pushes new features and bug fixes monthly. YOU as a consumer are in complete control and have the OPTION to install updates or wait. The alternative would be to wait for several months for new tweaks and fixes with no certainty that they will be problem free. With blue iris there are many things to consider, including thousands of permutations with respect to pc hardware and cameras. There are bugs in NVR firmware when they know exactly what hardware its going to be installed on. The difference is they will wait months or longer to patch it at their convince if ever.
The primary issue is that auto updates is on by default and most users have terrible OCD when it comes to updates. They MUST update immediately. This type of compulsion can only be cured by a medical professional or getting burned a few times. Then they will learn to be patient. For those who like to tinker and play, the updates are there.

JT Blue Iris

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
good way to look at it Fenderman, and I think I agree..
So long as those rollbacks are handy :)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
good way to look at it Fenderman, and I think I agree..
So long as those rollbacks are handy :)
The rollbacks are handy on the forum, But you can do it yourself either manually by downloading the update from the Blue Iris website so you have it or using the update helper

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This has always been the case and its awesome. While other vms makers release updates once or twice a year and generally dont add many features, the blue iris developer pushes new features and bug fixes monthly. YOU as a consumer are in complete control and have the OPTION to install updates or wait. The alternative would be to wait for several months for new tweaks and fixes with no certainty that they will be problem free. With blue iris there are many things to consider, including thousands of permutations with respect to pc hardware and cameras. There are bugs in NVR firmware when they know exactly what hardware its going to be installed on. The difference is they will wait months or longer to patch it at their convince if ever.
The primary issue is that auto updates is on by default and most users have terrible OCD when it comes to updates. They MUST update immediately. This type of compulsion can only be cured by a medical professional or getting burned a few times. Then they will learn to be patient. For those who like to tinker and play, the updates are there.
Yes, I always feel an update is going to fix some big security bug. :) I learned to wait lately. In the future software should be better at creating some type of alert of "critical red flashing light" for an update or green light update when you want type thing. I am not even referring to BI but Chrome/firefox/windows. I remember a security flaw with chrome a few months ago that required updates immediately and you had to do it manually.