API calls for Illuminator Empiretech 4KT

Daeyx

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just purchased a new 4K-T Camera from Empiretech and I am pretty impressed with the low light performance. Its replaced a 4K Lorex with a 2.8 Sensor that had a smart illuminator spotlight that worked fairly well. Unfortunately, it looks like the new 4K-T doesn't have that functionality. I am wondering it anyone knows the proper API command to enable the illuminator. I am hoping to setup a trigger that when blue iris detects a person (running Codeproject AI), it could turn the illuminator on like a spotlight.

Is this possible?

When I run the command cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=Lighting , I get the following:
table.Lighting[0][0].Correction=50
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Angle=50
table.Lighting[0][0].MiddleLight[0].Light=50
table.Lighting[0][0].Mode=Manual
table.Lighting[0][0].Sensitive=3
table.Lighting[0][1].Correction=50
table.Lighting[0][1].MiddleLight[0].Angle=50
table.Lighting[0][1].MiddleLight[0].Light=50
table.Lighting[0][1].Mode=Manual
table.Lighting[0][1].Sensitive=3
table.Lighting[0][2].Correction=50
table.Lighting[0][2].MiddleLight[0].Angle=50
table.Lighting[0][2].MiddleLight[0].Light=50
table.Lighting[0][2].Mode=Auto
table.Lighting[0][2].Sensitive=3
table.Lighting[0][3].Correction=50
table.Lighting[0][3].MiddleLight[0].Angle=50
table.Lighting[0][3].MiddleLight[0].Light=50
table.Lighting[0][3].Mode=Auto
table.Lighting[0][3].Sensitive=3

"table.Lighting[0][1].Mode=Manual"
Will be modified between Auto, Manual and Off with what corresponds with the Web GUI, however, if I send an HTTP request to turn it to auto or manual, the camera will give me an "OK" in the browser, the table will update, but the light doesn't change on or off and neither does the actual web UI. Could the illuminator light be under a different API command?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is not a feature currently supported or available on the camera either in the GUI or as an API.

Or if it is available under a different API, nobody has figured it out yet. The newer GUI does not follow the standard Dahua API commands for many functions.

The hack people have done is use another profile with the light on and call that profile up when motion is triggered by another camera.

Daeyx

n3wb
Reaction score
That is not a feature currently supported or available on the camera either in the GUI or as an API.

Or if it is available under a different API, nobody has figured it out yet. The newer GUI does not follow the standard Dahua API commands for many functions.

The hack people have done is use another profile with the light on and call that profile up when motion is triggered by another camera.
Well I got good news, I just found it.

cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Auto

Manual and Off both work as well!

Anyone know where BlueIris accepts API Commands? Would it be in the Action set under "Do command?"

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sweet action.

I do it under the Do command.

Daeyx

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry, I am still new to all of this, how can I link a API request to the camera in BI?

Aka, I want to take this cmd: cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Manual and turn it into an action or button.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Daeyx I have same camera. I use BI5 PTZ config to give myself "buttons".

The experience looks like this in UI3:
ui3.png

#1: To configure, open your camera settings and enable PTZ for your camera and click on Edit Presets:
camera  ptz.png
***Of course, Color 4KT does not have PTZ. We're just using BI5 PTZ screen to give us "buttons".

#2: On Presets screen, add a preset for each action that you want:
camera presets.png

#3: For each preset above, configure "On Call". You want to do a Web Request:
on call action.png

A successful local web request for Color 4kT LEDs on is:

http://admin:PASSWORD@192.168.11.199/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Manual

***Replace PASSWORD with your password, replace 192.168.11.199 with your camera IP address

Last edited:

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Daeyx I have same camera. I use BI5 PTZ config to give myself "buttons".

A successful local web request for Color 4kT LEDs on is:

http://admin:PASSWORD@192.168.11.199/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Manual

***Replace PASSWORD with your password, replace 192.168.11.199 with your camera IP address
Thanks, this worked for me.
The forum has some older threads that suggest
/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting[0][1].Mode=Off
but (at least for newer cameras), need to use Lighting_V2
/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Lighting_V2[0][0][0].Mode=Off

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
No need for scripts unless you want to do this in the NVR. It's in the cameras GUI options. Log into the camera, and from my memory choose camera > Exposure > Illuminator then Off, Auto or On. I tried it but had some concerns about it turning off after a trigger. I can't remember wht the issue was now, but I abandoned it in favour of my sensor floodlights which do a better and more even job without wearing out the camera LED's. To enable the camera to see the tip wires I use a 5w led background light that's dusk to dawn to provide enough abient light to enable triggers. You will need to use some form of in camera triggering to use it through the GUI though. Personally I use Trip Wires anyway as they're by far the most reliable way to trigger the camera.