API connection down

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Inspired by @Chris Moore, I've created a script that illustrates how you can extract additional weather variables from the Open-Meteo API, like...
  • condition description,
  • hourly precipitation,
  • relative humidity,
  • dew point,
  • cloud cover
  • sunrise, sunset
  • daily precipitation.
See Weather Forecast API | Open-Meteo.com for more variables you can extract.

To customize the script (see the attached *.zip file) for your location, simply edit the variables in the USER SETTINGS section.

Tip: If you install Windows Terminal (link), this will make the URLs in the output clickable (ctrl-click).
Thank you very much for this @jaydeel and @Chris Moore . My weather has not updated through BI Tools since 04/11/2022 (last modified date in my txt folder) and I had taken off the video overlay a while back because of the outdated information. While I was able to get this script working pretty easily for my location thanks to the well-defined variables, setting up the script to run every 15 minutes was a different challenge (task scheduler would manually run, but would not re-run at the defined intervals), but I finally figured that out today.

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Please share your solution.
It might help someone else.
Will do. I also modified your script to add the current UV Index as well and I might add the daily max UV Index, but I'm already out of macro slots in BI.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Will do. I also modified your script to add the current UV Index as well and I might add the daily max UV Index, but I'm already out of macro slots in BI.
According to @jaydeel..."You can only edit 9 macros (1-9) using the Blue Iris app. You can add macros up to 999 by directly editing the registry." ==>> here.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Inspired by @Chris Moore, I've created a script that illustrates how you can extract additional weather variables from the Open-Meteo API, like...
  • condition description,
  • hourly precipitation,
  • relative humidity,
  • dew point,
  • cloud cover
  • sunrise, sunset
  • daily precipitation.
See Weather Forecast API | Open-Meteo.com for more variables you can extract.

To customize the script (see the attached *.zip file) for your location, simply edit the variables in the USER SETTINGS section.

EDIT (2023-03-27): Updated script to V2 (Updated $conditions variable).

Tip: If you install Windows Terminal (link), this will make the URLs in the output clickable (ctrl-click).

View attachment 154613
Thanks for the script!

For anyone getting the following error when running the script:
Invoke-RestMethod : The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

The problem is that by default PowerShell uses TLS 1.0 and the site security requires TLS 1.2

Add this to the script before the $webData variable:
[Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12