App Alerts

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And you logged into the router, forwarded port 81 to 192.168.1.12 and saved it?
When BI is open what does canyouseeme.org say for 81?

Also disable in the router uPNP once it's working.

Port Forwarding Portmap Table

# Service Name External Port External IP Address Internal Port Internal IP Address
1HTTPTCP: 81AnyTCP: 81192.168.1.12

This is my setting for the forward. and on canyouseeme.org port 81 is not seen

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Other things I am looking at that shouldn't have changed but may be affecting the problem. My WAN setup on the router has " Disable Port Scan and DoS Protection " checked off. My Internet setup has the "Get Dynamically from ISP " checked off. Just noticed the PC was picking up the wireless ip again, so I went and turned the wireless connection off and the app is back up! Hopefully that is all that was wrong, port 81 doesn't connect on canyouseeme.org though?

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
App working, but would only one user be allowed to access the app at a time? And when I select a single camera it shows live video for 3 seconds then freezes? I never had any of these problems before the upgrade.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Back to app not making connection, would my virus software be blocking something ? I would think not if the app works sometimes.

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
update: might of figured it out, in my virus software they had a setting set for Blue Iris to only allow designated ports, I switched it to allow all ports and now my app is not freezing. And canyouseeme.org is connecting!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
update: might of figured it out, in my virus software they had a setting set for Blue Iris to only allow designated ports, I switched it to allow all ports and now my app is not freezing. And canyouseeme.org is connecting!
Great!
What brand of A/V ? It wasn't "Avast!" by any chance, was it?

jland47

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great!
What brand of A/V ? It wasn't "Avast!" by any chance, was it?
no mcafee, app connects to but still freezes after a couple seconds, what kind of issues would cause the freezing ?Everything else is working like normal.